Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

14 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

Fresh speculation food from Nuits Sonores.

Caribou for PS 2020 I suppose.

Since I'm from Indonesia, I've heard news that one of our local electronic band, Gabber Modus Operandi that mentioned at Nuits Sonores lineup, will also perform at PS 2020. 

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

Announcement early in January then?

I like how they’ve included Shellac and Mordor :lol: 

I think Coachella tends to announce on the year's first Tuesday? Last year January 1st was Tuesday and Chella put out the poster on Thursday, but they definitely announced 2015-2018 on the first Tuesday.

We might get the poster on Wednesday, the 8th.

55 minutes ago, Orens said:

I think Coachella tends to announce on the year's first Tuesday? Last year January 1st was Tuesday and Chella put out the poster on Thursday, but they definitely announced 2015-2018 on the first Tuesday.

We might get the poster on Wednesday, the 8th.

Really throwing a far guess here, but: We have heard rumors about Frank Ocean floating around for Primavera, as we have heard them floating around for Coachella. If your assumption about Coachella is true, early January might be when Frank Ocean Dates can be announced, because Coachella has initiative rights (as they usually do).

Edited by Quadrophobia

13 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Really throwing a far guess here, but: We have heard rumors about Frank Ocean floating around for Primavera, as we have heard them floating around for Coachella. If your assumption about Coachella is true, early January might be when Frank Ocean Dates can be announced, because Coachella has initiative rights (as they usually do).

There are these kind of 'waiting for Coachella' rumors on many other festivals threads here with regards to the Strokes. Can apply for primavera as well (hopefully them and not Frank)

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

There are these kind of 'waiting for Coachella' rumors on many other festivals threads here with regards to the Strokes. Can apply for primavera as well (hopefully them and not Frank)

However, the rumors around Coachella are often very accurate and to my knowledge there is not yet a believable source on The Strokes. If we take into account the most frequent rumors, the headliners of Coachella 20 Will be RATM - Frank Ocean - Travis Scott - Lana Del Rey.
I do not believe that you really could put two rock acts on top of the Coachella bill anymore. American pop culture is so Rap-focused right now that it seems like a move that could backfire, even for Coachella.

IF any of this is true and IF Primavera releases its line up early January and IF the theory that Primavera waits for an announcement date from Coachella line up to announce theirs, the act that holds it back has to be Frank Ocean, as Lana is already confirmed for European festivals.

All them ifs, it could of course turn out as nothing.

Edited by Quadrophobia

20 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

IF any of this is true and IF Primavera releases its line up early January and IF the theory that Primavera waits for an announcement date from Coachella line up to announce theirs, the act that holds it back has to be Frank Ocean, as Lana is already confirmed for European festivals.

Could the embargo not be for Travis Scott? People seem very quick to rule him out of PS and I'm not sure why.