Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

I really liked these announcements at first, but since they tuned down not only the frequency and the number of names but also seem to be announcing mostly obscure Spanish/Catalan or other very small Acts that have no relevance for 90% of the audience, I'm starting to get tired of them

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I really liked these announcements at first, but since they tuned down not only the frequency and the number of names but also seem to be announcing mostly obscure Spanish/Catalan or other very small Acts that have no relevance for 90% of the audience, I'm starting to get tired of them

I agree, and I find it strange that it's only in Spanish. Then they just ignore 50 % of their audience.

Just now, Martin_89 said:

I agree, and I find it strange that it's only in Spanish. Then they just ignore 50 % of their audience.

I can understand the Spanish part, because it takes time, effort and planning capacities to make a radio show. We cannot know how fluent all of the involved are in English, so it might come at extraordinary effort to offer it in English, too. Especially since they are devoting around 15 minutes in-depth conversation to every act at the moment.. Also keep in mind, that the international audience generally doesn't pay that much attention to RPS, whilst it is probably wider received around the year in Spain and especially Barcelona.

1 minute ago, Quadrophobia said:

I can understand the Spanish part, because it takes time, effort and planning capacities to make a radio show. We cannot know how fluent all of the involved are in English, so it might come at extraordinary effort to offer it in English, too. Especially since they are devoting around 15 minutes in-depth conversation to every act at the moment.. Also keep in mind, that the international audience generally doesn't pay that much attention to RPS, whilst it is probably wider received around the year in Spain and especially Barcelona.

Yeah, I understand that. But since they are announcing so much of their lineup at RPS, many non-spanish will have some interest to follow it. 

I like the idea of the radio show to allow the hosts to have a more in depth conversation about each of the bookings but using this as the only communications channel just feels so amateur. Any non Spanish speakers or those who miss the show are relying on forums and such to actually find out who's been announced. That alongside the lack of communication behind the changes in announcement schedules, from 10 acts every day to 4 acts on Mondays, just makes the whole thing seem so disorganized.