Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

RE: Talking Heads, almost definitely just gonna be a Remain In Light reissue or something completely uneventful rather than a reunion. I’d lose my shit if it was the latter, but Byrne has been consistently vocal about it not being appealing to him so it’d be very surprising if he’s changed his mind now.

Perhaps a fat Coachella Check? 

Just now, Orens said:

Perhaps a fat Coachella Check? 

I’m sure it’s something they’ve been offered in the past and turned down before. Not to say things don’t change as many a band who have said ‘no reformations’ have done it out of the blue at a later date, but even as recently as 2017 Byrne was talking it down saying it’d feel like a step backwards. Who knows though, and if a Prima appearance is on the cards then all the better.

2 hours ago, Mikey7 said:

Any reason these wouldn’t cross over? A lot of names I though/was hoping to be at Primavera there.

They are not excluding each other. In 2019 they shared Channel Tres and Maribou State and in 2018 Floating Points, Gerd Janson, Hunee, Ibeyi and Palms Trax. 

Wouldn't bet on their biggest names though, might have a tighter radius clause on them.

Edited by Quadrophobia