Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, juanchiarla said:

hi! new here, from Argentina. Is it crazy to believe that sunday is done in the forum because someone big plays? someone who can only play on sunday, Like Kanye with the sunday service.

No way Kanye is bringing Sunday Service. Mostly because everybody's gonna be fucking sleeping that morning, hahahaha.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, juanchiarla said:

hi! new here, from Argentina. Is it crazy to believe that sunday is done in the forum because someone big plays? someone who can only play on sunday, Like Kanye with the sunday service.

No. Gabi (festival director) has already ruled Kanye out, he said this last month in an interview. I like what you are thinking and what is more likely is something liked Despacio which was just announced for London May 21, 2020. 2ManyDJs and James Murphy are both past performers of the festival so I would not be surprised for something like that.

Despacio would be wicked, but it's designed for a fully closed structure given the soundsystem that is utilized. Which can still appear at Primavera, but the fest could have it all weekend similar to what Coachella and Panorama did in the past. It wouldn't necessarily be an exclusive thing for the Sunday.

17 minutes ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Despacio would be wicked, but it's designed for a fully closed structure given the soundsystem that is utilized. Which can still appear at Primavera, but the fest could have it all weekend similar to what Coachella and Panorama did in the past. It wouldn't necessarily be an exclusive thing for the Sunday.

Yea good point, thought that might be the case. Did you attend this year? I wonder if that indoor stage they used for the Heineken Hidden Stage could handle Despacio and just use that for all 3 days. Would be wicked indeed.

4 minutes ago, primaveralolz said:

Yea good point, thought that might be the case. Did you attend this year? I wonder if that indoor stage they used for the Heineken Hidden Stage could handle Despacio and just use that for all 3 days. Would be wicked indeed.

I did, yes, but did not check out the indoor Heineken Hidden Stage. I also attended Panorama 2016 when Despacio was there, and it was in an air-conditioned tent structure. So I am hoping that whatever structure is used gets A/C as well.

2 hours ago, primaveralolz said:

If you look at 2019 we had a lot incredible black women headlining and performing (Cardi B, she cancelled but still, Janelle Monae, Erykah Badu, FKA Twigs, Solange, Lizzo. Surprised folks aren't talking about who could fill those gaps. I think we will get some surprises here, maybe Missy Elliot, SZA, H.E.R., Snoh Aallegra (just booked for Lolla Stockholm), Lauryn Hill (been touring a lot in the States), Jamilla Woods.

Dare I say it but maybe they are working on one very exclusive name to put PS 2020 over the edge someone like Rihanna has been rumored.

Re: old school electronic - people keep saying Kraftwerk but I think The Chemical Brothers make a lot of sense. They keep announcing lots of festivals and have yet to perform in Barcelona with the new album. Seems like a good fit to me.

I'd love the Chems. No Geography is my AOTY and they made such a stunning show in 2019. Got to see them a couple of weeks ago in Paris, it was phenomenal. Unfortunately it's not a recent PS kind of booking and the Chems already headlined Mad Cool+Bilbao with the latest album, but a man can hope.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

I did, yes, but did not check out the indoor Heineken Hidden Stage. I also attended Panorama 2016 when Despacio was there, and it was in an air-conditioned tent structure. So I am hoping that whatever structure is used gets A/C as well.

I was there for The Comet Is Coming. It was so warm (1:20-2:10am), sweaty and smelled like horseshit.

Hoping for Despacio in any reasonable venue. How about the Hidden Stage/Ray Ban Studios stage?

Edited by Orens

I am really hoping the Heineken stage take place in the same location as they had it in 2018. There were good viewing points along the stairs near the Primavera stage and it was out in the open. The Indoor Stage looked good but it felt like an absolute sauna in there.

22 hours ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Massive attack, Beck, the national, (Tyler and Lana) tbc and possibly Kraftwerk. 

Super weak imo. 

Wish Nine inch nails were still playing. 

May just sell the VIP and buy a standard ticket and enjoy the great undercard at a decent price. 

Yeah I’d be super let down with those headliners.. nothing special for the most part

Edited by Hannah990

I still haven't lost hope on the Strokes coming. It really resembles what happened with Arctic Monkeys- everything is delayed because of someone who's rumored for.madcool and bunch of other festivals, and after long wait announced together for all of them. Hopefully it will end the same.

Throw in at least one of Thom Yorke and Kraftwerk plus a great-as-ever undercard, and we're adding for a treat

17 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

NIN would’ve been one of the best possible headliners for me for this. Gutted Trent decided to (understandably) delay everything by a year. Hope we get something as equally heavy/rock up top in their absence.

At least we know that next year we will have something to see