Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

I definitely think the line up will have lots of headliners rather than a few big names. More of a 2019 approach than a 2016. 

Totally agree with this. I feel like the festival scene was lacking in 2019 so having a year like that made sense. But again, it seems like there's a general lack of big names around this summer (at the moment). A bit disappointing but that's why we all go to Primavera every year. The undercard is probably the best in the world if not the most unique.

2 minutes ago, Glenn Coco said:

It is weird how all these dudes are headlining after the new normal. Last year had 9 headliners (based on the poster).

Assuming Massive attack, Beck, The National, Tyler, Lana and Frank are confirmed, what three female acts are big enough to headline?

Pavement is the only one to be officially confirmed, haven't seen Frank confirmed anywhere.

2 hours ago, Gnarler said:

I sadly dont know about any special sets, just names. Speaking of which... According to my sources, Beck is playing.

I believe you entirely. Gabi didn’t negotiate with Beck directly obviously so any beef would have been his agent. Maybe even his old agent now.

And of course Beck is a headliner. One of the most distinct artists of the 90s and, yes the last couple of albums haven’t been great (pretty much the case for all acts who’ve been going that long) but his sets are comprised mostly of his old stuff.

Great performer too.

10 minutes ago, Glenn Coco said:

It is weird how all these dudes are headlining after the new normal. Last year had 9 headliners (based on the poster).

Assuming Massive attack, Beck, The National, Tyler, Lana and Frank are confirmed, what three female acts are big enough to headline?

A legend like Patti Smith, someone like Rihanna, Cardi B or Sia for pop and maybe a St. Vincent or PJ Harvey.

18 minutes ago, Glenn Coco said:

i think it is about time for St Vincent to show up again. Im not sure if she s big enough for headliner though.

What about Ms Lauryn Hill also , any chances?

And i guess there are always some hiphop female artists like CardiB that maybe join.

9 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I believe you entirely. Gabi didn’t negotiate with Beck directly obviously so any beef would have been his agent. Maybe even his old agent now.

And of course Beck is a headliner. One of the most distinct artists of the 90s and, yes the last couple of albums haven’t been great (pretty much the case for all acts who’ve been going that long) but his sets are comprised mostly of his old stuff.

Great performer too.

Unfortunately my only experience with Beck live is him very knowingly dying on his arse pre-Coldplay at Glastonbury and making no effort to hide that he knew it wasn’t going to well. I’d love another chance to see him live, but as a headliner seems a bit weak, and I’d definitely hope he kept the new stuff to a minimum - got such a classic discography pre-Morning Phase.

• Upvote 1

For what it's worth, if the lineup is getting delayed until January it could be that any of the names I've been given have dropped out as I'm sure these things happen. If it is Lana, Tyler, Beck, Massive Attack, The National, Pavement (which is what I was told) then they'd probably push back the lineup release if they could get some bigger names in.

• Upvote 1

It is interesting that Gabi said a while ago that the line up is complete bar one name. I wonder who it could be. 

I refuse to admit that Beck will be one of a small number of headliners. Sure he may appear but if he's headlining, them I'm anticipating a large number of headliners along side him.

Edited by Guy Incognito

11 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

For what it's worth, if the lineup is getting delayed until January it could be that any of the names I've been given have dropped out as I'm sure these things happen. If it is Lana, Tyler, Beck, Massive Attack, The National, Pavement (which is what I was told) then they'd probably push back the lineup release if they could get some bigger names in.

Must just be me but this seems like a fantastic set of initial headliners (with more to come) together with the inevitably brilliant undercard. 

Lana del Rey, Tyler the Creator, Beck, Massive Attack, The National playing High Violet, Pavement

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Guy Incognito said:

It is interesting that Gabi said a while ago that the line up is complete bar one name. I wonder who it could be. 

I refuse to admit that Beck will be one of a small number of headliners. Sure he may appear but if he's headlining, them I'm anticipating a large number of headliners along side him.

Frank seems like an obvious candidate for one that’s taking a while to nail down if he’s active next year, but hell, I’m not sure I’ll even believe he’s ever playing live again ever until he’s announced for something - really got the impression from his last tour that the live environment isn’t his vibe.

18 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

So that's 5 out of the 7 names you were given (Pavement were already announced).

Any hint about the remaining two?

5 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Agreed Beck won’t be the main headliner but Haim, Chvrches and Vince Staples were among the headliners last year with a 4/5 headliners a day format.

He’s got far more pedigree than any of them. He also routinely headlines festivals.

1 minute ago, hoppi27 said:

So that's 5 out of the 7 names you were given (Pavement were already announced).

Any hint about the remaining two?

One of them I can't give. They're someone much smaller down the lineup but would maybe reveal who my source is. The other name I was given isn't a headliner but a female artist who has done very well this year.

2 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

One of them I can't give. They're someone much smaller down the lineup but would maybe reveal who my source is. The other name I was given isn't a headliner but a female artist who has done very well this year.

lizzo? fka twigs? angel olsen? weyes blood?

edit: doing "very well" is sorta subjective but not a lot of female artists come to mind this year tbf

Edited by young_contra

4 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

Might be: Lizzo, Brittany Howard, Kacey Musgraves, Jamila Woods, Sharon Van Etten, Jenny Lewis