Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

12 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I rather think they had some sort of arc planned that was to culminate in the poster. Either some big act canceled or postponed its tour announcement, so the RPS Show would end f.e. mid December and then nothing would happen for another month. Seems more reasonable to cut it off now, than doing that.

This isn't the first time Gabi was open about looking to release the poster in mid-December, then saying it was postponed. I think it has more to do with announcements approval, as those could get tricky with a full poster reveal (especially prior to Coachella and regarding reforming bands).

17 minutes ago, Orens said:

This isn't the first time Gabi was open about looking to release the poster in mid-December, then saying it was postponed. I think it has more to do with announcements approval, as those could get tricky with a full poster reveal (especially prior to Coachella and regarding reforming bands).

I don't mind waiting for coachella to announce provided we get something great out of it. 

Like a Kanye or Frank Ocean or something we had no clue about. 

Or a watch the throne 2 with Jay and Ye (anyone notice the first one is back on Spotify today.)

Edited by Rico_Pliskin

4 hours ago, Orens said:

@Gnarler your turn mate

Aha I feel the pressure. Tbh this change of release plan has thrown me way off. There were rumours in bcn that the lineup was coming out on the 12th so maybe they've made some changes. 

Tomorrow I'll reel off another name from my possibly real list :D

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

I don't mind waiting for coachella to announce provided we get something great out of it. 

Or a watch the throne 2 with Jay and Ye (anyone notice the first one is back on Spotify today.)

Gabi already excluded Kanye in his Q&A

30 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Rage? lol

I'd hate waiting for Frank Ocean, he's done enough damage back in 2017.

4 minutes ago, Orens said:

Rage? lol

I'd hate waiting for Frank Ocean, he's done enough damage back in 2017.

Think someone on another topic said no Rage for 2020 Europe. 

But then what do we really know? Money talks and tours change. 

That said Frank doesn't inspire comfort. I'd be waiting right up to the day of performance hoping he wouldn't cancel again. 

I really want Kanye, but not Sunday service choir Ye. 

Think Travis Scott cancelled a fest he had cancelled previously. Pukkelpop? That would have been hard if you were a fan. 

Thoughts on Beyonce? 

No RATM in Europe in 2020. And even IF they would come to Europe, no festival could have announce them before Coachella. Every band that ever reunited at Coachella, they always announced it first, its a big part of the deal, and then everyone else. Coachella usually goes out first week of January.

6 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Thoughts on Beyonce? 

I mentioned that idea when discussing predictions for the 2019 lineup,  when pictures of Gabi´s lemon tree emerged on twitter. After all, her latest studio album is Lemonade. However that idea didn´t get much love ?

5 minutes ago, Andrej said:

No RATM in Europe in 2020. And even IF they would come to Europe, no festival could have announce them before Coachella. Every band that ever reunited at Coachella, they always announced it first, its a big part of the deal, and then everyone else. Coachella usually goes out first week of January.

Exactly, a reason to push the announcement even further.
Are we sure about no Rage in Europe 2020? I heard Zach is focusing on the Trump campaign, but still.

3 minutes ago, puckno said:

I mentioned that idea when discussing predictions for the 2019 lineup,  when pictures of Gabi´s lemon tree emerged on twitter. After all, her latest studio album is Lemonade. However that idea didn´t get much love ?

I watched a performance of her on YouTube for some Tidal event. 

She was epic. 

Wow so the rumours were true after all!! I would also like to apologize to Gnarler and any other user who predicted this, now I believe you :))) Now it looks very likely we will have both The National and Massive Attack at Primavera too, High violet in full does not sound bad at all.

A bit surprised BKS decided to reveal only these two names, I expected a couple of names from the undercard as well, but let's not be greedy...