Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

Just now, Guy Incognito said:

Do you mean, there's more that your source knows and he thinks are big enough names to headline? Interesting. Maybe we will end up with a poster like 2019s which had lots of names at the top 

Yeah, he used to work there so isn't completely in the know but he was fed some names by an old colleague. So wasn't shown the lineup or anything so doesn't know who's at the top of the bill or what day or anything.

12 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Let’s wait and see! Still have barely any names and it might work out for you. :) For what it’s worth I was disappointed by last year’s poster and it ended up being easily in my top 3 years. 

Thanks everyone, 

I know what you mean. I also know the undercard will be great. Always is. 

I'm just speaking from perspective of I spent 600 on VIP tickets for me and my girlfriend so we could get up close to headliners we would be excited to see. 

Saw Lana last Yr, the National 3 times over past years, not a fan of the kraft or Massive attack, excited for Tyler but looking for a big name for me. 

But thanks for reassuring me ?

4 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Thanks everyone, 

I know what you mean. I also know the undercard will be great. Always is. 

I'm just speaking from perspective of I spent 600 on VIP tickets for me and my girlfriend so we could get up close to headliners we would be excited to see. 

Saw Lana last Yr, the National 3 times over past years, not a fan of the kraft or Massive attack, excited for Tyler but looking for a big name for me. 

But thanks for reassuring me ?

I totally believe it will work out for you :) And VIP has lots of other perks like no queue on entry, priority Auditori, more comfortable places to sit on at least 3 stages, access to a quiet space with deckchairs, better food options and reduced drink prices, that I’m sure your girlfriend will be pleased about. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Again, I like The National enough but they wouldn’t be my first choice. Hoping one of the headliners brings a bit more of a party than what we’ve got so far.

Pavement, Massive Attack, The National and the presumably Lana Del Rey and Tyler, the Creator up top... not getting me overly excited, that (bar Pavement).

I'm not overly excited by these - Pavement is good but I'm not as big a fan as some on here. Have seen Massive Attack and didn't love. Love the National but have seen them so many times now - I'll go, I'll enjoy it (though they weren't good in 2018, I didn't think) but it's hard to be excited this far out about them again. I like Lana's latest album - how is she live? Haven't gotten into Tyler tbh.

It's an okay mix - I haven't seen any festival with headliners that interest me more than these so far so Im not too put out at missing anyone specific, but I'll be keeping an eye out for the undercard in the hopes that it has some new stuff for me.

It'd be a struggle to convince my group to go see the National again, I think. They dont like them as much as I do :P

Not too sure of who I want on the bill, just a few pleasant surprises if possible!

1 hour ago, Gnarler said:

You're cheeky and I admire it. Yeah, I'll give another name but it might be the last. The National are back. 

I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but this information makes me question your entire narrative. There is so much that speaks against The National as headliners that I'm reluctant to believe that it is true. 

Also, the headliners would then look something like this: 

Lana Del Rey - Tyler, The Creator - Pavement - The National
Kraftwerk - Massive Attack Bad Bunny

This is, in my opinion, both way too male and too expectable for a Primavera top-of-the bill. It would also feature two Acts that already were pretty far upin 2018. 

1 minute ago, Quadrophobia said:

I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but this information makes me question your entire narrative. There is so much that speaks against The National as headliners that I'm reluctant to believe that it is true. 

Kraftwerk - Massive Attack Bad Bunny

This is, in my opinion, both way too male and too expectable for a Primavera top-of-the bill. It would also feature two Acts that already were pretty far upin 2018. 

Totally fair to question it. It could be that my friend's information is wrong and he's been duped. I'd have a big hole to dig out of in this forum if it turns out to not be true. This guy is pretty reliable when it comes to this stuff but I'd say maybe don't take it as gospel just yet.

4 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I think it sounds about right and I just don't think there's that many female headliners around next year. The high level of the undercard is likely to be the place where we'll see that happening (FKA Twigs, Chromatics, Bikini Kill, Sleater Kinney etc etc already nailed on for it).

7 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Kraftwerk - Massive Attack - Bad Bunny

It is very male, in particular. Doesnt speak much for #thenewnormal if they revert to a norm after one try. The line-up might still be 50/50 but people would probably have a few questions if it was male dominated at the top again.

But they made a big noise about #unexpectedprimavera in 2017 and basically abandoned it straight away, didn't they?

I'm also of the opinion The National is a wasted opportunity if they are returning again as a headliner. I thought they were one of the most boring headliners in recent years at PS18 and I say this as someone who doesn't miss their tour when they come to my city. That entire set felt incredibly flat and uninspired.