Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, puckno said:

Well, with the communicated pace of 4x10 acts a week (Monday-Thursday) they would be finished sometime mid January, so it look a bit strange to suddenly be that much delayed,

I don't believe that they wanted to host many of those RPS shows. Those announcements shouldn't give away too much.

I guess the plan was to shorten the wait a bit until next week when the poster was expected to be released. 

1 minute ago, Hip Priest said:

Nothing until next Monday, though they didn't sound too sure about it. They definitely seem to have abandoned the "10 names a day" plan.

Maybe they had negative feedbacks for the strategy and killed it before it was too late.

I mean, that was too hipster-ish even for Primavera's standards

This whole rollout is a disaster, particularly for something as 'important' as their 20th anniversary.

The more other festivals release their lineups (which are all pretty good, seemingly) the less impressive Primavera will look and the more the others have the upper hand on tickets – especially considering the Prima lineup will share a lot with others in Europe around that time.

1 minute ago, jannybruck said:

This whole rollout is a disaster, particularly for something as 'important' as their 20th anniversary.

The more other festivals release their lineups (which are all pretty good, seemingly) the less impressive Primavera will look and the more the others have the upper hand on tickets – especially considering the Prima lineup will share a lot with others in Europe around that time.

I don’t thing the other festivals are pretty good.

There’s no Doctor Music this year, Benicassim is dire as always, BBK is a poor first announcement and Mad Cool is an uninspired mess of names.

That’s the main competition for Primavera and it’s not good.

Primavera used to release end of January every year. Drop the inevitably brilliant poster before then and all is well.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

We know now 15 names more than we knew last week.

Can't see what's bad with it. Yes, the communication was poor, but bottom line - I liked it, and wish they'll keep it on (or just release the lineup motherf**kers)

• Like 2

Just now, xxialac said:

I don’t thing the other festivals are pretty good.

There’s no Doctor Music this year, Benicassim is dire as always, BBK is a poor first announcement and Mad Cool is an uninspired mess of names.

That’s the main competition for Primavera and it’s not good.

Primavera used to release end of January every year. Drop the inevitably brilliant poster before then and all is well.

BBK and Mad Cool are definitely more loaded than early December over the past couple of years, they used to release way less acts.

11 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I think this is fine for Primavera die hards who've already decided on going but there's just so many alternatives now that will share bits of the same lineup, and the more other festivals release their tops tiers earlier and earlier and put tickets on sale, the less easy it will be to convince casuals to go.

As much as I like them, leaking Jenny Hval or Kim Gordon isn't going to get tickets moving. I'm already struggling to convince a few of my friends who've now seen the start of the All Points East/BBK lineups.

Edited by jannybruck

1 minute ago, jannybruck said:

I think this is fine for Primavera die hards who've already decided on going but there's just so many alternatives now that will share bits of the same lineup, and the more other festivals release their tops tiers earlier and earlier and put tickets on sale, the less easy it will be to convince casuals to go.

As much as I like them, leaking Jenny Hval or Kim Gordon isn't going to get tickets moving. I'm already struggling to convince a few of my friends who've now seen the start of the All Points East/BBK lineups.

Really? All Points East have released one solitary day and it’s no better than any other previous year. It’s also a very different type of festival. Hardly anyone goes to all the days, even over the course of one of the weekends.

Plus let’s not forget this is a Spanish festival and half the audience lives in Spain so ticket sales aren’t dependent on casual overseas attendees.

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Really? All Points East have released one solitary day and it’s no better than any other previous year. It’s also a very different type of festival. Hardly anyone goes to all the days, even over the course of one of the weekends.

Plus let’s not forget this is a Spanish festival and half the audience lives in Spain so ticket sales aren’t dependent on casual overseas attendees.

Speaking of APE, another day has just leaked and has Kraftwerk, Iggy Pop and Anna Calvi. Hope we get all of those.

28 minutes ago, xxialac said:

so half the audience lives outside Spain.

PS would die straight away without overseas attendees.

39 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

same here, although more for Mad Cool if we're going to go to Spain (from Ireland). quite a few acts there that would go down well at PS, or have played in the past few years.

of the 15 names for PS so far, none of my lot really give a damn so far.

7 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

so half the audience lives outside Spain.

PS would die straight away without overseas attendees.

Jeez I’m not saying overseas numbers aren’t relevant (you ignored my use of ‘casual’) but if they are down 10% because some people couldn’t apparently wait a little longer - and there is still OVER SIX MONTHS to go, then it is hardly a major problem. And who knows maybe that will be compensated by more Spanish attendees / the lineup being amazing.

Edited by xxialac