Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

7 hours ago, Valbork said:

Guessing that Rage Against The Machine is the big name causing the delay to the full line up. (Spain exclusive as BBK and Mad Cool look a bit full). Seem to remember something about 5 reformed 'indie' bands this year; Could be RATM, Pavement, Devo and Bauhaus plus 1. More interesting is, if the excellent New Normal initiative continues, there will need to be 4 female 'headline' acts. Lana del Rey seems to be one but who else? Missy Elliott, please, but are Kacy Musgraves (?) and Sleater Kinney top line? Anyway, with Pavement, Bikini Kill and Kim Gordon already there, I'm very happy. Mad Cool is soulless, just booking anyone around in the summer and BBK is up that hill. Siempre Primavera.

Bikini Kill are also reformed, plus Jawbox are playing London between Barcelona and Porto

8 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

Is this a joke? Mad Cool will certainly not have had HAIM leak that poster against The Strokes' wishes. the right time of a tour announcement can be crucial for sales and a leak can mean severe damage to the entire tour annoucement, so The Strokes' management will be more than unhappy about their plans for a European tour being leaked. If they found out a festival comissioned this, they'd sue them for breach of contract.

Actually, a Mad Cool executive (or a guy who claims to be one) used a Spanish forum to leak other festivals announcements back in 2016 (including Arcade Fire's BBK+NOS performances, Primavera's then-unknown poster release date, etc.). In 2017 he hinted at several acts which would perform in the 2018 edition, eventually leading us to believe the missing two headliners would be Jack White and Arctic Monkeys. For that reason we thought for a couple of months that AM won't play Primavera. 

The point is, I do suspect Mad Cool has "accidentally" leaked The Strokes. I also suspect some booking agents will avoid working with them in the future.

31 minutes ago, Orens said:

Actually, a Mad Cool executive (or a guy who claims to be one) used a Spanish forum to leak other festivals announcements back in 2016 (including Arcade Fire's BBK+NOS performances, Primavera's then-unknown poster release date, etc.). In 2017 he hinted at several acts which would perform in the 2018 edition, eventually leading us to believe the missing two headliners would be Jack White and Arctic Monkeys. For that reason we thought for a couple of months that AM won't play Primavera. 

The point is, I do suspect Mad Cool has "accidentally" leaked The Strokes. I also suspect some booking agents will avoid working with them in the future.

As you said, they did it in the past. Other organizers were extremely pissed. I don't trust them at all.

Edited by Createur

9 hours ago, Valbork said:

Guessing that Rage Against The Machine is the big name causing the delay to the full line up. (Spain exclusive as BBK and Mad Cool look a bit full). Seem to remember something about 5 reformed 'indie' bands this year; Could be RATM, Pavement, Devo and Bauhaus plus 1. More interesting is, if the excellent New Normal initiative continues, there will need to be 4 female 'headline' acts. Lana del Rey seems to be one but who else? Missy Elliott, please, but are Kacy Musgraves (?) and Sleater Kinney top line? Anyway, with Pavement, Bikini Kill and Kim Gordon already there, I'm very happy. Mad Cool is soulless, just booking anyone around in the summer and BBK is up that hill. Siempre Primavera.

I don't think that RATM really fit primavera, although they would be a big exclusive. I would rather bet on Frank Ocean, given what Gabi said in his Q&A and that he seems to be preparing for a new release of some kind. 

10 hours ago, Valbork said:

are Sleater Kinney top line?

I'd love a full set, but they are not as popular in Europe, and the current European tour isn't sold out for the most part (1000-2000 sized venues; their Paris venue has a capacity of just 1000 and their Brixton Academy show isn't sold out).

So yes, looks like the indie reunion shows are Pavement, Bikini Kill, Jawbox + (?) + (?). My guess is still Camera Obscura or something similarly small.

Edited by emmanuel

8 minutes ago, emmanuel said:

I'd love a full set, but they are not as popular in Europe, and the current European tour isn't sold out for the most part (1000-2000 sized venues; their Paris venue has a capacity of just 1000 and their Brixton Academy show isn't sold out).

So yes, looks like the indie reunion shows are Pavement, Bikini Kill, Jawbox + (?) + (?). My guess is still Camera Obscura or something similarly small.

Sleater Kinney were never remotely popular in their heyday so this doesn’t surprise me. 
What about Supergrass? Now they were popular (though much less so in Spain obviously) and were rumoured.

edit: just realised they had to have played primavera before so not one of them in fact though they could still play 

Edited by xxialac

3 hours ago, Orens said:

nah.

festivals send out draft posters to booking agents all the time. occasionally the PR team accidentally use the draft version, rather than the final one that they have been sent.

usually it's the same final lineup, but sometimes it isn't, as an act might have cancelled, or an act might have been added.

remember when Idles accidentally leaked the PS lineup before the official video? I think there were a few typos on that too.

or when Glastonbury accidentally put up a lineup poster with D'Angelo on it, but then took it down an hour later when someone realised it was the wrong one. D'Angelo had obviously cancelled, and this was an old one. the new one had all the same names but didn't have him on it.

I remember for Electric Picnic some act did the same as Haim and put up a poster that had Johnny Marr on it. the official poster didn't have him on it, and he wasn't added to the lineup until much later (possibly 2 announcements later), suggesting that there were some final problems to sort out with the booking.

in this case, Haim were probably sent a final poster for social mdeia, but someone in the PR put up the Draft one that had by accident.

there is almost no chance that Mad Cool have accidentally leaked their headliner via Haim's instagram story.

it's possibly that The Strokes were expected to be fully signed up by the time the poster came out, but weren't, so they were left off the official one. or else they were, but then cancelled between the draft poster and the official one.

Edited by ghostdancer1
  • Upvote 5

19 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

nah.

festivals send out draft posters to booking agents all the time. occasionally the PR team accidentally use the draft version, rather than the final one that they have been sent.

usually it's the same final lineup, but sometimes it isn't, as an act might have cancelled, or an act might have been added.

remember when Idles accidentally leaked the PS lineup before the official video? I think there were a few typos on that too.

or when Glastonbury accidentally put up a lineup poster with D'Angelo on it, but then took it down an hour later when someone realised it was the wrong one. D'Angelo had obviously cancelled, and this was an old one. the new one had all the same names but didn't have him on it.

I remember for Electric Picnic some act did the same as Haim and put up a poster that had Johnny Marr on it. the official poster didn't have him on it, and he wasn't added to the lineup until much later (possibly 2 announcements later), suggesting that there were some final problems to sort out with the booking.

in this case, Haim were probably sent a final poster for social mdeia, but someone in the PR put up the Draft one that had by accident.

there is almost no chance that Mad Cool have accidentally leaked their headliner via Haim's instagram story.

it's possibly that The Strokes were expected to be fully signed up by the time the poster came out, but weren't, so they were left off the official one. or else they were, but then cancelled between the draft poster and the official one.

A really good explanation.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Supergrass

48 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

nah.

Very well outlined. Miscommunication happens all the time and this is probably the case here. Sometime announcements get pushed back, but some PR teams already planned a social media post and forget to delete it. Eventim put up a poster for Hurricane and Southside last year that had several names on it that then didn't appear at all.

2 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

nah.

All true about miscommunications, I'll even add the PS16 poster with The Avalanches anagram (Society Fun Lie = Since I Left You). And yet, all I'm saying is there's a reason to believe the Mad Cool team has leaked The Strokes on purpose.

IMG_20160121_093827.thumb.jpg.300d66a2db590bf2831b60f8c80c0477_1453377925_crop_550x777.jpg

2 hours ago, Orens said:

All true about miscommunications, I'll even add the PS16 poster with The Avalanches anagram (Society Fun Lie = Since I Left You). And yet, all I'm saying is there's a reason to believe the Mad Cool team has leaked The Strokes on purpose.

IMG_20160121_093827.thumb.jpg.300d66a2db590bf2831b60f8c80c0477_1453377925_crop_550x777.jpg

Specifically what reason would there be? 
Booking is extremely volatile and a band like The Strokes is very sought after. 
If they found out a contractor puposefully enacted potential financial damage to them for his own benefit against the agreed contract, there is a good chance they'd claim damages or even drop out. The risk of that by far succeeds the potential benefits of leaking a headliner a little early. After all, Mad Cools line up already has some strong arguments and I highly doubt that a leak about a headliner, that will probably not even spread further than festival-fora and SoMe comments adds a critical amount of ticket sales for the risk to be wort it.

2 hours ago, Orens said:

Thanks for taking us down the memory lane that Radiohead concert was so glorious.