Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I had no idea Massive Attack were so unpopular. I have only had good experiences over the last 20 years. Never cancelled, never underwhelmed.

They cancelled one gig at mad cool and everyone now think they are the worst most unreliable band ever. Ignoring the fact that pretty much every band have cancelled a gig before 

One of the best bands I have seen, unbelievable live. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jannybruck said:

Bit underwhelmed with these first names and surprised they didn't announce Lana, either, but maybe they have an agreement with other festivals about announcement times.

No headliners at first, so they get the chance to talk about the smaller acts.

8 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I had no idea Massive Attack were so unpopular. I have only had good experiences over the last 20 years. Never cancelled, never underwhelmed.

from what i see on social media and here, every band or artist confirmed nowadays is disappointing for everyone, except if it is foals or tame impala ?

1 minute ago, jannybruck said:

Bit underwhelmed with these first names and surprised they didn't announce Lana, either, but maybe they have an agreement with other festivals about announcement times.

They said at the beginning- starting with the undercard to give them the focus - when the full lineup is out the headliners take all the attention.

This explains why Lena was not there today

4 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Chromatics
Bikini Kill
Lorena Álvarez
María del Mar Bonet
La Favi
Les Amazones d'Afrique
Sudan Archives
Park Hye-jin
Mavis Staples
Jenny Hval
Kim Gordon

right? Kim confirmed in the show?

only with chromatics, bikini kill, sudan archives, jenny hval and kim gordon and it is already a better line up than most of 2020's known line ups

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, pryce said:

They cancelled one gig at mad cool and everyone now think they are the worst most unreliable band ever. Ignoring the fact that pretty much every band have cancelled a gig before 

One of the best bands I have seen, unbelievable live. 

No. They have just become unreliable in general in the last couple of years. They cancelled their Mad Cool Gig at last minutes notices because of sound interference (its a festival after all), they canceled US Dates and their preorders for Mezzanines boxes weren't heard of for a long time and then just scrapped. Its less that they cancel stuff, which everyone does, it is how they handle it.

I like the band, but in the recent past they haven't been exactly great fan-wise. 

2 minutes ago, bananaa52 said:

from what i see on social media and here, every band or artist confirmed nowadays is disappointing for everyone, except if it is foals or tame impala ?

Ah that’s not true. I think it’s quite safe to say very few people on this forum would be hoping for those kinds of acts. 

1 minute ago, Quadrophobia said:

No. They have just become unreliable in general in the last couple of years. They cancelled their Mad Cool Gig at last minutes notices because of sound interference (its a festival after all), they canceled US Dates and their preorders for Mezzanines boxes weren't heard of for a long time and then just scrapped. Its less that they cancel stuff, which everyone does, it is how they handle it.

I like the band, but in the recent past they haven't been exactly great fan-wise. 

They cancelled US dates because they were denied a visa by the government. Seems harsh to judge them over this.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Chromatics
Bikini Kill
Lorena Álvarez
María del Mar Bonet
La Favi
Les Amazones d'Afrique
Sudan Archives
Park Hye-jin
Mavis Staples
Jenny Hval
Kim Gordon

right? Kim confirmed in the show?

Can anyone confirm who listened? Seems pretty strange to announce 11 names when it was clear from the start that there would be 10...