Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

2 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

why are people thinking FNM will be there? surely with them announced as Mad Cool headliners, there's almost no chance at PS, and they're not really a PS type of headliner anyway...

Yeah, but Nine Inch Nails were booked apparently; but they canceled. And I know they're not the same band, I can imagine FNM filling the NiN-shaped hole.

• Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

Is it likely for us to get a date for the full lineup announcement during the radio show tomorrow? In the WhatsApp conversation used to promote tomorrow's show Gabi answered "ready" when the radio asked "where is the full lineup?". 

There's definitely a chance, although this whole small, early announcement thing makes me think that the full line up reveal has been delayed. 

Obviously can't disclose how I got the info but a friend of mine has seen the full lineup and he described it as "well worth getting a ticket". This is, of course, painfully vague information, but at least we know the full poster is ready to go :) I'd expect them to announce a full release date tomorrow. I expect 12th Dec...

4 hours ago, Gnarler said:

Obviously can't disclose how I got the info but a friend of mine has seen the full lineup and he described it as "well worth getting a ticket". This is, of course, painfully vague information, but at least we know the full poster is ready to go :) I'd expect them to announce a full release date tomorrow. I expect 12th Dec...

Can he describe how "indie" is it compared to the past couple of years? 

On 11/13/2019 at 2:48 PM, Hip Priest said:

I was there too. Living in Vlc, it was a no-brainer. I go along with the above message , it was a fantastic weekend. Looks like it was a one-off though, a thank you to the PS regulars, they must have (knowingly) taken a financial hit on it.
I get what has been said above about the (lack of) attraction for Brits but for music fans in Spain, outside Barcelona and Madrid at least, it was an unmissable chance to see bands big and small who will never visit our cities.
Old Normal on and off the stage: I would say the audience was easily 80% Spanish. Average age well above PS Bcn too.
Didn't come across many band members off-stage, they had their own chalet and food area, though Gabi and the PS crew were standing at the back for Derby Motoreta.
Milked it til the end (Talabot til 7am) with no more than 50 others still standing/dancing at final whistle.

Thank you and thank you @MatheauWillis @Hip Priest very interesting.  I would be surprised if they set up any event to lose money - that sounds like the ATP school of economics.  what do  you think is behind the expansionism, and the London and LA stuff?  Is it exploiting all the contacts they have built up over the years? Are they actually just licensing "Primavera Sound" to someone else?  I would be interested in details.

1 minute ago, Gnarler said:

Will be 6 headliners in total like always: half bandy half not. It's the undercard that's a bit more bandy.

Sounds great. Who could those two bandy headliners be? Hopefully The Strokes or Arcade Fire, but I don't know. Are Vampire Weekend big enough to co-headline a day with someone like Lana?