Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Also I think it's unlikely that they tour Funeral. It's often the sign of a band admitting that they have run out of ideas to have to tour an old album whereas I suspect they are focused on putting out a better album than Everything Now.

They probably won't need to focus that hard tbf.

King Krule just announced a tour for next year and has released a short film with new music in it. In Europe+UK March (no Spanish dates) then USA through April. Would love to see him back and I reckon it makes perfect sense too. 

10 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The good, the bad and the ugly. If that was Primavera I'd be devastated.

Really hoping for YYYs indeed. Very little overlap between the two festivals so wouldn't bank on it.

The festivals aren't overly similar, but tend share a couple of acts from the top 2 rows, and several of the smaller ones. It's a good indication for acts who tour the US and might tour the EU in June.

I'd say that lineup is a good indication for the possibility of Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Ty Segall & the Freedom Band, Phoebe Bridgers, perhaps Brittany Howard

2 minutes ago, Orens said:

The festivals aren't overly similar, but tend share a couple of acts from the top 2 rows, and several of the smaller ones. It's a good indication for acts who tour the US and might tour the EU in June.

I'd say that lineup is a good indication for the possibility of Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Ty Segall & the Freedom Band, Phoebe Bridgers, perhaps Brittany Howard

I counted only about 6 acts in common this year with Primavera across the whole poster. So I'd guess we'll get about half of those names at most.

Is anyone else a bit confused by the apparent suggestion to make Sunday a day on the beach?

It's the sort of thing that sounds great on paper but when Sunday rolls around that 3-4 days of heavy festivalling I can guarantee I won't be able to summon up the energy to drag myself to the Forum. Especially being in the daytime. Anyone else feel the same?

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Really hoping for YYYs indeed. Very little overlap between the two festivals so wouldn't bank on it.

Yep - I can see Jawbox and Pheobe Bridgers  playing Primavera 2020 but that's about it.

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

Out of these I hope for Tennis,  Brittany Howard, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Ty Segall. I could do with Smashing and Joan Jett as well.