Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

Yeah but this time it's also showing the 3rd. There's a lot going on the 3rd and the 7th, can't really argue against it.

Agreed however it showed 7th on their official page last week, then on their forum DJ Coco quoted 7th and everyone asked if the festival had been extended - then he apologised for the error and their official website changed dates to 4-6th 

now it’s showing 3-7th ?

I've never been to primavera sound before and I have a question.

Just read here (https://www.primaverasound.com/en/barcelona/tickets-barcelona) "Shipping of wristbands: You will be able to ask for your wristbands to be shipped to you during the purchasing process.  The cost of shipping will be 20€. We will get in touch with you from March 2020 in order to get your shipping address. The sending of wristbands will start in April 2020. Shipping only available for the European Union, the United States and Canada.". 

What are these wristbands? What are they needed for? Why should I pay 20 more euros? 

As I understand, my ticket is on DICE app on my phone, right? ("DICE protects fans and artists from touts. We’re a mobile app for iOS and Android. Tickets will be securely stored on your phone."). 

Could you clarify this issue please?

1 minute ago, nsv92 said:

Just read here (https://www.primaverasound.com/en/barcelona/tickets-barcelona) "Shipping of wristbands: You will be able to ask for your wristbands to be shipped to you during the purchasing process.  The cost of shipping will be 20€. We will get in touch with you from March 2020 in order to get your shipping address. The sending of wristbands will start in April 2020. Shipping only available for the European Union, the United States and Canada.". 

What are these wristbands? What are they needed for? Why should I pay 20 more euros? 

As I understand, my ticket is on DICE app on my phone, right? ("DICE protects fans and artists from touts. We’re a mobile app for iOS and Android. Tickets will be securely stored on your phone."). 

1. I believe that even with DICE everyone who purchases a full festival pass will be delivered a wristband. 

2. The additional 20€ are for shipping purposes. 

By the way, if you pick up your wristband before the festival park opens it'll be very quick, so, in my opinion, the 20€ shipping isn't worth it. 

5 minutes ago, nsv92 said:

You need the wristband to access the festival, and you can exchange your ticket for the wristband directly on site. Now they're also offering the option to get the wristband shipped to you in  advance, but in my opinion it's not worth it

1 minute ago, nsv92 said:

so as far as i can understand wristband is just nice little thing for festival fans and collectors? it’s enough for me that my ticket will be in my phone or printed on a sheet.

No, you need both a wristband as well as a plastic card (both of which you receive upon scanning your ticket) to access the festival.

2 hours ago, Traci said:

Agreed however it showed 7th on their official page last week, then on their forum DJ Coco quoted 7th and everyone asked if the festival had been extended - then he apologised for the error and their official website changed dates to 4-6th 

now it’s showing 3-7th ?

I think you’re reading too much into this.

The festival has for a long time both been described date-wise almost interchangeably as the three main days and also the five days (ie 3-7th is perfectly normal). Never as the four days until last week but that was explained as an error by DJ Coco and quickly corrected.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I think you’re reading too much into this.

The festival has for a long time both been described date-wise almost interchangeably as the three main days and also the five days (ie 3-7th is perfectly normal). Never as the four days until last week but that was explained as an error by DJ Coco and quickly corrected.

??

• Upvote 1

On 11/11/2019 at 9:59 AM, Johndenis said:

any chat from anyone who attended if this was any good or not? @xxialac? For UK punters the line up wasn't especially exciting, you can see a lot of these bands pretty regularly.

I was there! I had an absolutely brilliant time. But you're right about the line up - I think most folk I met from the UK just wanted an excuse to get pissed and enjoy a bit sun which everyone did.

The venue was insanely cool, no queues for any bars or to get inside either of the 3 stages, the sound was great. The whole thing was laid back, you could walk straight to the front of every stage.

All the acts were living onsite as well so everyone was eating and drinking together etc, a really cool experience. 

I stayed in actual Benidorm Benidorm for 2 nights after the festival and that was the complete opposite experience of Primavera - but fun was still had!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I was there too. Living in Vlc, it was a no-brainer. I go along with the above message , it was a fantastic weekend. Looks like it was a one-off though, a thank you to the PS regulars, they must have (knowingly) taken a financial hit on it.
I get what has been said above about the (lack of) attraction for Brits but for music fans in Spain, outside Barcelona and Madrid at least, it was an unmissable chance to see bands big and small who will never visit our cities.
Old Normal on and off the stage: I would say the audience was easily 80% Spanish. Average age well above PS Bcn too.
Didn't come across many band members off-stage, they had their own chalet and food area, though Gabi and the PS crew were standing at the back for Derby Motoreta.
Milked it til the end (Talabot til 7am) with no more than 50 others still standing/dancing at final whistle.

• Like 3