Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

53 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Is there a link to this anywhere?

From their social media. Not official. But have posted a violet coloured picture, a quote from the album and points o them playing it at their Homecoming event. Is also 10th anniversary. I guess they could do it in mid-May after the Big Red Machine tour before a wider tour including Primavera?

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Looks like the National are taking High Violet on the road next year (prob around April).

They're on tour in Europe in November/December so I presume anything on this side of the Atlantic may not be announced until after they wrap those up.

Would love see it - High Violet is a fantastic album. Equally, however, I'm braced for it just being for their Cincinnati Homecoming Festival.

On 11/8/2019 at 7:46 PM, xxialac said:

From their social media. Not official. But have posted a violet coloured picture, a quote from the album and points o them playing it at their Homecoming event. Is also 10th anniversary. I guess they could do it in mid-May after the Big Red Machine tour before a wider tour including Primavera?

Dates for Homecoming leaked; it's happening 8-10 May. And I don't think they'll play High Violet anywhere else either. Note that the album was originally released on May 10, 2010, so the Homecoming gig will just be a special 10 year anniversary occasion. 

5 minutes ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Dates for Homecoming leaked; it's happening 8-10 May. And I don't think they'll play High Violet anywhere else either. Note that the album was originally released on May 10, 2010, so the Homecoming gig will just be a special 10 year anniversary occasion. 

Shame! There's always an outside chance, given it's the 20th anniversary and seems to be a chance to unite old favourites.

3 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

10 years to the actual release date sounds like it would be something pretty special tbf.

17 hours ago, livenstu said:

Really hope that Primavera do pull Devo out of the bag for 2020.  Talking of reunited indie bands, wouldn't The Feelies be a great fit for the 20th edition?  Have they ever played Primavera?

I attended The Feelies at Summerstage Central Park in 2016. They are a great live act! I would love to see them at Primavera.

9 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

any chat from anyone who attended if this was any good or not? @xxialac? For UK punters the line up wasn't especially exciting, you can see a lot of these bands pretty regularly.

I didn't go but I agree @Johndenis about the lineup. Hopefully next year it will push on.

There's quite a nice festival with the following lineup taking place in Berlin this weekend, which is unrelated to Primavera but makes a good alternative to Weekender.

STEREOLAB / DEERHUNTER / BLACK LIPS / A PLACE TO BURY STRANGERS / MICHAEL ROTHER PERFORMS NEU / MDOU MOCTAR / PRIESTS /  FLAMINGODS & OTHERS

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

I didn't go but I agree @Johndenis about the lineup. Hopefully next year it will push on.

There's quite a nice festival with the following lineup taking place in Berlin this weekend, which is unrelated to Primavera but makes a good alternative to Weekender.

STEREOLAB / DEERHUNTER / BLACK LIPS / A PLACE TO BURY STRANGERS / MICHAEL ROTHER PERFORMS NEU / MDOU MOCTAR / PRIESTS /  FLAMINGODS & OTHERS

I went. I thought it was very well organised and A LOT of fun. Exceptional atmosphere, great bands, good sound. Bands I'd love to see again in June: Idles, Black Country New Road, MorMor, Weyes Blood, Squid, Whitney, Drahla, Derby Motoreta's Burrito Kachimba, Cigarettes After Sex. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2