Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

10 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Nothing yet, the first names had already been announced by now the previous two years so imagine they will come out next week.

Everyone seems to be taking their time with the announcements this year. Usually at this date we know much more.

I wonder if we'll get something new during PS weekender tomorrow, maybe some postcard with another band, or some other clue

Just now, JedTheHumanoid said:

Everyone seems to be taking their time with the announcements this year. Usually at this date we know much more.

I wonder if we'll get something new during PS weekender tomorrow, maybe some postcard with another band, or some other clue

That's a good thought. Would make sense for the organisers to want to draw more attention to the Weekender so I'd expect so.

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Think it's too early to speak of delays.

It's early November. Can't expect too much too be announced for next year at this stage. 

Primavera used to announce end of January every year.

Nov 30, 2016 - Primavera 2017 Announced

Jan 28, 2018 - Primavera 2018 Announced

Dec 6, 2018 - Primavera 2019 Announced

2 hours ago, Fabrizzo said:

Nov 30, 2016 - Primavera 2017 Announced

Jan 28, 2018 - Primavera 2018 Announced

Dec 6, 2018 - Primavera 2019 Announced

that's why I wrote USED to announce. I think in the period 2011-2016, it was almost always end of January.

All I'm saying is that festivals for May and June can't be expected to announce by early November. Coachella is the first of them and it doesn't announce until January.

We are still very much on schedule for a nice (still early) December announcement.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

that's why I wrote USED to announce. I think in the period 2011-2016, it was almost always end of January.

All I'm saying is that festivals for May and June can't be expected to announce by early November. Coachella is the first of them and it doesn't announce until January.

We are still very much on schedule for a nice (still early) December announcement.

Certainly,i just want to point out that in recent years there' s no a clear path in date announcement ...

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Looks like the National are taking High Violet on the road next year (prob around April).

2 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Yeah? Is there any article to read? 

Maybe after 3 times seeing them live I'll finally hear About today. 

3rd time lucky as they say. 

Is there a link to this anywhere?

Looks like they're bringing their Homecoming festival back and playing High Violet in full for it's 10th anniversary. I don't see them doing a full tour with it though, I can see this taking place just after Aaron Dessner's tour with Bon Iver and then The National going on a break for a bit.

• Like 1