Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

36 minutes ago, Swanmob said:

Fair enough, yeah let's hope so, would be great for this festival, great swagger and style, not unlike Interpol.  

yeh - there's a connection there somewhere if memory serves - someone from one of the two bands that became the walkmen went on to be in interpol, or something

3 hours ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevebaltin/2019/11/01/confirmed-rage-against-the-machine-to-reunite-in-2020-headline-coachella/#7c9593b912b1

Tom morello was in mad cool last year and rage have played bbk already (I think) 

I reckon its a good call. 

Rage played Cruilla in Barcelona in 2018 too so Primavera seems like a good next step. I'd love for them to play.

5 minutes ago, livenstu said:

Rage Against the Machine makes perfect sense, NIN dropping out, Jane's Addiction being close to playing in 2010, this being Primavera's 20th year.  They would make for an awesome headliner.

I think Rage is very very very expensive, I don't know if Gabi wants to pay that. 

Rage Against The Machine headlined the very first Coachella as well as 2007. This would be their third appearance at the festival.

2 hours ago, Ken19 said:

I think Rage is very very very expensive 

I do find this a bit amusing and paradoxical of them

Edited by Friend Chicken
  • Like 1

Would be surprised to see RATM in Europe next summer, maybe later in August? Most of festivals budgets for June / July are spent, and RATM will be the most expensive act out next year. Obviously this reunion thing came as a surprise to everyone, only 3-4 weeks ago Prophets of Rage was still looking for shows in Europe, then all of a sudden they were out, and B Real comes out and says band is breaking up. Meaning RATM coming back was a very unexpected thing and came from Zach. Its obviously super political, the only announced shows are close to Mexican border / wall, and all in states with major latino population. Also in a year of new US election. So it could be the band only plays USA next year. 

Very interesting all together, they would be a sure thing for RAR / RIP and Download, but those fests booked headliners before RATM became a possibility. We will see....

Bradford Cox and Cate Le Bon released an EP together today. 

I'd be very surprised if we wont see Deerhunter on this year's lineup, they've been there about a gazillion times before, and Bradford always talks about how much he loves this festival. Any chance for a double show for him? Cate did one of the pre-festival gigs this year, so also makes sense to see her again this year

2 hours ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Dude don't be sliding into my PMs thanking me for downvotes. It's just odd behaviour. Just be less insulting to posters in this forum. 

That's the point, I haven't insulted anyone! however I think we should talk about these in PM without disturbing others

44 minutes ago, Fabrizzo said:

That's the point, I haven't insulted anyone! however I think we should talk about these in PM without disturbing others

Buddy you were the one trying to rip into his music taste. We don't do that. Take the downvotes and we'll move on :)

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

Buddy you were the one trying to rip into his music taste. We don't do that. Take the downvotes and we'll move on :)

Guys, if someone (provocatively) asks if RATM can headline a festival, allow me to make a joke (without insults ..) however,no problems,love you all ?

• Like 2