Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

58 minutes ago, emmanuel said:

Looking at early years lineup, that could be Sonic Youth or White Stripes, but that would be bigger than Pavement, so that seems unlikely?

I reckon you mentioned two of the most unlikely bands to reunite in the whole world. I mean, I'd dig a Sonic Youth reunion any day of my life, but maybe we are shooting for the moon here.

Edited by Yelo, the Parmiggiana

Gabi's comments were a little misleading as he labelled Tyler, The Creator as a "classic" amidst this talk of previous "classic bands" returning. I may be wrong but perhaps the classics that are returning aren't strictly "bands", and perhaps he was just using that term instead of "acts". I dunno. 

Also, surely Pavement count as one of the retuning classics. 

Just now, Guy Incognito said:

Gabi's comments were a little misleading as he labelled Tyler, The Creator as a "classic" amidst this talk of previous "classic bands" returning. I may be wrong but perhaps the classics that are returning aren't strictly "bands", and perhaps he was just using that term instead of "acts". I dunno. 

Also, surely Pavement count as one of the retuning classics. 

Yeah I think Pavement definitely count as one of them. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of them ended up being Spanish bands too.

Other guesses that have played Primavera before, are reunited and seem quite likely: Camera Obscura (2002), Sleater-Kinney (2006). Not sure if it fits "will be reunited" however.

Or does the sentence means that all five "indie" bands will be reunion shows, or that five bands from the early lineups will be playing again on the same weekend (reunited together)?

Edited by emmanuel

4 minutes ago, emmanuel said:

Other guesses that have played Primavera before, are reunited and seem quite likely: Camera Obscura (2002), Sleater-Kinney (2006). Not sure if it fits "will be reunited" however.

Or does the sentence means that all five "indie" bands will be reunion shows, or that five bands from the early lineups will be playing again on the same weekend (reunited together)?

Sleater-Kinney also played 2015, so much for reuniting.

2 hours ago, emmanuel said:

I think Camera Obscura are a fair guess.  They've been on hiatus since their keyboard player sadly died but they are now back.