Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

27 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

re Portishead and Max Richter. Said Portishead might have an album next year... didn't catch exactly what he said about Max, was non-commital.

Asked if he was pissed off more by Cardi B or Frank Ocean cancellation. Frank by a mile, he is the "artist of the decade".

Lana del Rey: loves the record but not giving anything away re PS.

Laughed off a Q re Enya.

War on Drugs, nothing happening.

4tet - PS Barcelona no but maybe another PS event...

What? If Enya isn’t performing Orinoco Flow in full, I’m going to be furious. 

asked re rumour NIN were booked for 2020 but have postponed til 2021. Said it's true, were in for Bcn, Porto, LA.

Kim Petras: if they could, they would.

as they said before, as it's the 20th anniversary, there will be lots of old faves as well as some classic acts that have never played PS. it won't be all trap etc, far from it.

line up announcement: hoping for first fortnight of December. THINK this is what he said

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hip Priest said:

asked re rumour NIN were booked for 2020 but have postponed til 2021. Said it's true, were in for Bcn, Porto, LA.

Kim Petras: if they could, they would.

as they said before, as it's the 20th anniversary, there will be lots of old faves as well as some classic acts that have never played PS. it won't be all trap etc, far from it.

line up announcement: hoping for first fortnight of December. THINK this is what he said

Does that mean Kim Petras is out? 

4 minutes ago, riseupandkill said:

i have such astronomical hopes each year, i really need to rein it in a bit, but it's really exciting

Yeah, it's crazy how giddy I get towards the end of September and we approach PS lineup season. I remember when that 2018 lineup came out in January and I got almost no work done throughout the month because I was on here every day.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"Portishead is basically Geoff " - comments Gabi when answering a listener who asked about the possibility of seeing Portishead again at Primavera Sound, "And he comes a lot with Beak>. He is a big fan of the festival. I have some spy out there who has told me that it is possible that next year there is a Portishead record. Some spy I have. So ... Well, if they are fans of the festival, and they have a record ... I don't know if next year or next ... I don't know about plans. Maybe they did venues first and then festivals ... I don't see it that far."

https://www.binaural.es/noticias/volveran-portishead-en-2020-con-un-nuevo-disco-bajo-el-brazo/

Edited by Orens

12 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Fits the demographic at the moment and is apparently lined up for Coachella and Reading+Leeds. In terms of rappers, the only one I could imagine PS wanting anywhere near as much as Kendrick, is Travis Scott. 

Would you like Travis Scott?

I genuinely like rap and hip hop, haven't been able to get into him. Listening to Astroworld I don't understand the hype. 

Was hoping for Kanye but Gabi reckons he's making crazy demands (no surprise) 

2 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Would you like Travis Scott?

I genuinely like rap and hip hop, haven't been able to get into him. Listening to Astroworld I don't understand the hype. 

Was hoping for Kanye but Gabi reckons he's making crazy demands (no surprise) 

Not especially, I think he's a lot better than Future though. Likewise I'm a big hip hop fan but those two don't do much for me. 

2 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

I'd settle for some RTJ. A lot cheaper as well.

Free up more cash for other things. 

Yeah fair enough. It wouldn't surprise me to see them back. Tyler the Creator perhaps too. 

With regards to hip hop I'd love any of Noname, Freddie Gibbs and Madlib, Shirt, Your Old Droog, Quelle Chris, Sudan Archives and Death Grips. 

General info - Gabi mentioned that 5 bands that are classic from Primaveras will be reunited, so you can make your guesses on who they are, Primavera Indie bands. He also said this year he is gonna be extra indie which means basically that forget about 2019 and 2018 lineups cause it's going to be indie again (with some pop urban etc for sure but less than past editions)

From the reddit translation: 

This has got me extremely hyped. Wonder what 5 primavera classic bands will reunite? Slint? The Postal Service? MBV?