Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

Would be very open to Taylor and Billie at Primavera. Billie has played in BCN twice this year and her performance has been incredible both times. Not a huge Taylor fan but I think it could work. Mad Cool and Primavera often share a headliner but would be VERY fine with getting neither of them.

Just now, Gnarler said:

Would be very open to Taylor and Billie at Primavera. Billie has played in BCN twice this year and her performance has been incredible both times. Not a huge Taylor fan but I think it could work. Mad Cool and Primavera often share a headliner but would be VERY fine with getting neither of them.

Isnt Billie in South America during PS? 

41 minutes ago, thomas9790 said:

Still don't see Strokes playing Primavera. They are expensive AF, haven't released anything relevant since the last time they played Primavera and aren't really #newnormal proof.

But I'd be more than happy to eat crow and see them play in Barcelona next year :)

They played Electric Picnic, which is what, less than 1/3rd the size of Primavera? With you on the other points but they can't be out of financial reach.

And they do shift tickets.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

They played Electric Picnic, which is what, less than 1/3rd the size of Primavera? With you on the other points but they can't be out of financial reach.

And they do shift tickets.

Fair enough. They might even be cheaper now than back in 2015 - as they probably won't be a festival exclusive, if they do end up playing. 

Maybe they're this year's Interpol. Better years behind them but still get re-booked...

I do feel fairly sure they will play one of the Spanish fests and looks like Mad Cool and Bilbao BBK are out.

Suppose they could do Benicassim but Primavera seems more likely and they are active in the Spring.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Maybe they're this year's Interpol. Better years behind them but still get re-booked...

I do feel fairly sure they will play one of the Spanish fests and looks like Mad Cool and Bilbao BBK are out.

Suppose they could do Benicassim but Primavera seems more likely and they are active in the Spring.

I think it's too early to rule out Strokes from MadCool. it's only their first announcement

That being said, I can see them doing PS (like you said, They fit the new normal as much as Interpol does), and we've also seen cases of bands doing both PS and madcool, like Arctic Monkeys.

So we can still hope for the Strokes (and we still know nothing...)

4 hours ago, thomas9790 said:

Still don't see Strokes playing Primavera. They are expensive AF, haven't released anything relevant since the last time they played Primavera and aren't really #newnormal proof.

But I'd be more than happy to eat crow and see them play in Barcelona next year :)

If The Strokes are actually coming with a new album, it would justify booking them.

Also not sure why they wouldn't be New Normal proof, since PS still wants 50% men.

10 minutes ago, yhomtorke said:

Is anyone listening to Gabi? Needs a translation!

I'm listening a bit. They're just chatting about music, eg auditori gigs at the moment. All the online messages are asking about the line-up names but they won't be announcing anything today afaik. They hope to chat to a few listeners on the air and give away some PS tickets. Signal seems to drop out now and again, is this happening for everyone? They're probably not used to so many listeners!

1 minute ago, Hip Priest said:

I'm listening a bit. They're just chatting about music, eg auditori gigs at the moment. All the online messages are asking about the line-up names but they won't be announcing anything today afaik. They hope to chat to a few listeners on the air and give away some PS tickets. Signal seems to drop out now and again, is this happening for everyone? They're probably not used to so many listeners!

Maybe he answers some of the rumors 

re Portishead and Max Richter. Said Portishead might have an album next year... didn't catch exactly what he said about Max, was non-commital.

Asked if he was pissed off more by Cardi B or Frank Ocean cancellation. Frank by a mile, he is the "artist of the decade".

Lana del Rey: loves the record but not giving anything away re PS.

Laughed off a Q re Enya.

War on Drugs, nothing happening.

4tet - PS Barcelona no but maybe another PS event...

• Upvote 1

Just now, Hip Priest said:

bit pissed off , when asked, that Billie Eilish is playing Madcool (PS did her Spanish tour) though with her young fanbase she is better suited to standalone gigs.

Regrets over 20 years of PS: Bowie and REM. Johnny Cash too.

This is excellent. Keep the comments coming!

• Upvote 1