Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

3 hours ago, Fabrizzo said:

Ok,you convincere me, i look forward for this announcement...

You were mostly right on reflection. The two festivals do seem to be moving a bit more apart given this year and the first announcement for APE will be a small number of names, so won't be that helpful,

On 10/20/2019 at 1:38 PM, James96 said:

A shame really.

I reckon Primavera would rather book someone more reliable like Tyler.

Has Tyler the Creator played Primavera?  I haven't been (since doing 6 in a row up to 2016).  So I can't remember the last 3 line ups as clearly.  Seems pretty odd if he hasn't.  Surely a perfect fit for the new "demographic".

3 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

Has Tyler the Creator played Primavera?  I haven't been (since doing 6 in a row up to 2016).  So I can't remember the last 3 line ups as clearly.  Seems pretty odd if he hasn't.  Surely a perfect fit for the new "demographic".

He has played Primavera twice (2015 and 2018).

On 10/14/2019 at 11:17 PM, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Yeah, Pavement would be a better fit for Primavera Stage or Ray Ban.

Anybody remember by any chance what stage they played in 2010?

Pavement playing is an exclusive and a big deal.  I think if Sleater Kinney, Last Shadow Puppets, Deerhunter, PJ Harvey have played Mordor (just naming acts that I can easily remember watching there) then I can't see them putting Pavement anywhere else.

6 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

Pavement playing is an exclusive and a big deal.  I think if Sleater Kinney, Last Shadow Puppets, Deerhunter, PJ Harvey have played Mordor (just naming acts that I can easily remember watching there) then I can't see them putting Pavement anywhere else.

Yeah, they will put them at Mordor, you're right.

On 10/17/2019 at 2:53 PM, riseupandkill said:

ah, shame, makes sense - i heard he was a little greedy dollar wise

@Orens I saw Beck at Flow in Helsinki in 2015 and I couldn't decide if he was phoning it in or not.  It was the last night of the tour.  It feels like in the last 5 years playing your own tour then playing the festivals is a definite touring plan.  I would love to find out a bit more about this, and the economics of it.  Some of these festival gigs must be a fairly hard shift if the crowd is generally unfamiliar with your work, or you've been booked at a wrong one.  And you get much less stage time too.  (The first time I ever saw Beck was at V97 (!) in Essex so he's a festival regular!)

Edited by Johndenis

4 hours ago, Johndenis said:

I'd say he's a guaranteed headliner, also because he played GovBall this year which will thus not be a potential competitor.

4 hours ago, Johndenis said:

I agree it's a big deal, but given the demographics of this year's festival, I frankly don't think the turnout will be that big (for main stage purposes).

1 hour ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

I agree it's a big deal, but given the demographics of this year's festival, I frankly don't think the turnout will be that big (for main stage purposes).

Suede and Primal scream I think are a bit bigger than Pavement, and apeal to the same demographic, both played Ray-Ban/primavera this year. But they tour a lot and Pavement is a much more special show.

Stereolab are a bit smaller in my opinion, and also Was a reunion (though not exclusive) and did Ray-Ban.

So basically it can go either way. 

Personally I hope it will be Ray-Ban. By far the best stage