Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

13 minutes ago, xxialac said:

What about Michael Stipe in the auditori?

ooohhhh... yes please...

But any indication that he's planning to tour? I know he has the new single, but didn't see anywhere plans for an album or tour.

And if we're on dreaming mode- maybe as part of the 25 anniversary to Monster we'll get a reunion show? Monster is not one of their best ones, but I'd take it as well

20 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

ooohhhh... yes please...

But any indication that he's planning to tour? I know he has the new single, but didn't see anywhere plans for an album or tour.

And if we're on dreaming mode- maybe as part of the 25 anniversary to Monster we'll get a reunion show? Monster is not one of their best ones, but I'd take it as well

There's no way that if REM reform they will do it to play Monster (or any album) in full. 

But doesn't seem an unrealistic dream to think that Stipe might play. He's still performing, he's got a new single, perhaps he misses having an audience to play to more regularly and he's only 10 years off the age Bowie passed away (not that I am wishing death on him).

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

There's no way that if REM reform they will do it to play Monster (or any album) in full. 

But doesn't seem an unrealistic dream to think that Stipe might play. He's still performing, he's got a new single, perhaps he misses having an audience to play to more regularly and he's only 10 years off the age Bowie passed away (not that I am wishing death on him).

Yes, I know that R.E.M. reunion in PS is too far-fetched to even dream about... 

I'd be happy with Stipe solo too, but to be honest don't see it coming. hope I'm wrong

5 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Yes, I know that R.E.M. reunion in PS is too far-fetched to even dream about... 

I'd be happy with Stipe solo too, but to be honest don't see it coming. hope I'm wrong

You're probably right. Just thought there was a chance he'll tour given he's put out a single.

And if there were ever a festival that would be a good fit for a booking, it's Primavera.

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

There was a lot of disapproval about the UK shows, I remember that much. I guess they weren't totally panned - they were maybe more 'divisive' than 'poorly received' - but I think it's the sort of rep that would make Primavera think that it's not actually worth bending backwards to book him despite not knowing if he'll actually turn up.

Frank Ocean's USA shows from 2017 were much better received though. If other festivals are still willing to book Ocean going forward, I don't see why Primavera would pass on him.

7 minutes ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Frank Ocean's USA shows from 2017 were much better received though. If other festivals are still willing to book Ocean going forward, I don't see why Primavera would pass on him.

Because his team screwed them over with a few days to go, which caused them lots of hassle, despite his team reassuring them he would play. Loads of logistical problems. And he has a track record of cancelling shows. 

There were even F*** Frank Ocean shirts doing the rounds. 

That is not an act you re-book...

Just now, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Again, I get that, but that hasn't stopped bookers from doing business with notoriously untrustworthy acts from the past. Such as say, the Guns N Roses reunion.

That's a guns n roses reunion, a band from another time. This FO thing is from a few years back. Plus I don't think PS is just "another" booker

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, xxialac said:

The first names for APE were announced on 6 November so we might be two weeks away from having an initial indication of who's around.

Last year the only act shared with APE were Primal Scream,so it's not so relevant....

Edited by Fabrizzo

31 minutes ago, Fabrizzo said:

Of course! Unfortunately,  these are very few names in common (and we need to understand which ones)...

I think you're being a tad pedantic. Out of all the other big festivals in Europe, All Points East is one of the festival that is musically similar/books comparable acts to those that appear at Primavera Sound. Over the last two years they have book a good amount of shared acts with Primavera, or acts that have played Primavera before. 

APE's line up is definitely worth keeping an eye on. Even just to see who is around at that time of year. 

• Upvote 2