Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Scary but true. 

I remember when arctic monkeys did both prima and Mad cool in 2018.

Just cause she's playing Nos alive doesnt rule her out from playing in the area early June. 

I think she might ONLY play Primavera. Why wouldn't Mad Cool announce her as every festival that doesn't reveal their lineup all at once did? 

7 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

I think she might ONLY play Primavera. Why wouldn't Mad Cool announce her as every festival that doesn't reveal their lineup all at once did? 

Very true, 

With no UK dates on her tour she may well headline a day at All Points East which would be more convenient for Prima. 

Edited by Rico_Pliskin

Just now, Guy Incognito said:

she'll do Glastonbury, not APE.

1. That's not confirmed. 

2. Taylor herself said she'd add UK dates (plural) to the Lover Tour. 

3. Personally, it doesn't make sense for her to play an exclusive UK date in a festival that her fans didn't have the chance to buy tickets to since it sold out in minutes without a lineup revealed. 

So, I reckon there'll be more UK dates for Lover Tour near the Primavera Sound dates. 

1 minute ago, diogozsz said:

1. That's not confirmed. 

2. Taylor herself said she'd add UK dates (plural) to the Lover Tour. 

3. Personally, it doesn't make sense for her to play an exclusive UK date in a festival that her fans didn't have the chance to buy tickets to since it sold out in minutes without a lineup revealed. 

So, I reckon there'll be more UK dates for Lover Tour near the Primavera Sound dates. 

I really don't think she will play APE, but i could be wrong. She could do a Scottish date or something. Glastonbury is looking very, very likely.

1 minute ago, Guy Incognito said:

I really don't think she will play APE, but i could be wrong. She could do a Scottish date or something. Glastonbury is looking very, very likely.

I don't see her playing APE as well. I think she's more likely to do 2 Lover Fest (a festival day she's creating on her own for 2 dates in the USA) dates, maybe one in London and the other in Dublin. 

Just now, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Well, no, because Festival De Nimes is like ten full days, so they bring in a lot more revenue that offsets all the booking fees.

Ok, let's analyse this another way then. 

NOS Alive, a three day festival, could afford Taylor Swift and their capacity and revenue is way lower than Primavera's. 

NOS Alive books waaaaay less acts than Primavera does, just look at last year's clashfinder: https://clashfinder.com/s/nos19

In addition, you also have to consider that festivals such as NOS Alive are much more headliner dependent, whereas Primavera has a core constituency of people coming for the full package. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

NOS Alive books waaaaay less acts than Primavera does, just look at last year's clashfinder: https://clashfinder.com/s/nos19

In addition, you also have to consider that festivals such as NOS Alive are much more headliner dependent, whereas Primavera has a core constituency of people coming for the full package. 

Ok, that's fair! 

However, I still believe TS might be in for Primavera. 

• Upvote 1

I’m thinking that the bigger female names will be Grimes, SZA, Haim, Lana Del Rey, St. Vincent, Sleater Kinney and Angel Olsen.

also bound to be some big names that haven’t been rumoured, aren’t touring and don’t have new albums out (Stereolab, Erykah Badu etc in ‘19).

Edited by Gregorick

17 hours ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Very true, 

With no UK dates on her tour she may well headline a day at All Points East which would be more convenient for Prima. 

No way is she doing APE but she could be doing BST in the week after Glasto (probably between the France date and NOS Alive).

3 hours ago, Gregorick said:

I’m thinking that the bigger female names will be Grimes, SZA, Haim, Lana Del Rey, St. Vincent, Sleater Kinney and Angel Olsen.

also bound to be some big names that haven’t been rumoured, aren’t touring and don’t have new albums out (Stereolab, Erykah Badu etc in ‘19).

Yeah I had forgotten Haim, good add. Would love to hear Portishead. 

I am excited to see if Primavera succeed to attract some larger names than they normally would afford, to play at Primavera headliner rates, because it is their 20 year celebration. If there ever is a year for Neil Young, Paul Mc Cartney, Radiohead etc to show up (again) this should be it.

Edited by puckno

1 hour ago, puckno said:

I am excited to see if Primavera succeed to attract some larger names than they normally would afford, to play at Primavera headliner rates, because it is their 20 year celebration. If there ever is a year for Neil Young, Paul Mc Cartney, Radiohead etc to show up (again) this should be it.

Surely not putting on the planned Primavera Sound London will free up some cash too?

39 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Headliner prediction. Probably way off.

Lana Del Rey - Arcade Fire playing Funeral - SZA - Thom Yorke - Pavement - Lorde

Grimes - DEVO - Angel Olsen - Damon Albarn The Nearer the Fountain... - Caribou - Danny Brown

Id be very happy with that. 2 or 3 from the top line. 5 from the one underneath.

Edited by Guy Incognito