Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

28 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

There were way worse things just this year than those 3 and the festival didn't die 

It's not just about the (lack of) quality, it's about the type of punter he attracts.

I can see quite a few 'lads on tour' having heard of Primavera, fancying a weekend in Barca on the piss and Gallagher being there is the catalyst to them coming. Britain does produce a lot of lagered up twats at festivals and don't really want them at PS.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It's not just about the (lack of) quality, it's about the type of punter he attracts.

I can see quite a few 'lads on tour' having heard of Primavera, fancying a weekend in Barca on the piss and Gallagher being there is the catalyst to them coming. Britain does produce a lot of lagered up twats at festivals and don't really want them at PS.

To be honest tbat would be my main concern. I'd like to see him at some point but don't particularly want a re-run of The Strokes day of APE this year when it suddenly turned into lad central. 

On a separate note can someone explain the Kate Bush rumours, however great it'd be (and it'd literally make my year) it's never going to happen unfortunately. Same with REM, they split up and by the sounds of it actually meant it. 

• Upvote 1

Having listened to Gallagher's last album out of curiosity, it's the most bland, generic stuff and the lyrics are embarrassing. He tries so hard to be John Lennon and he is, only with all of the talent removed.

Yeah Kate Bush or REM - would never say never but the omens do not look good that they will ever play again.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

I know. That's what I meant too. I'm just saying that Miley Cyrus and Cardi B and stuff like that attract way worse than lads

4 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

I know. That's what I meant too. I'm just saying that Miley Cyrus and Cardi B and stuff like that attract way worse than lads

To be honest, I'd like to have no Miley Cyrus, no Cardi B and no Liam Gallagher. Their music does nothing for me.

But I'd much rather have fans of twerking, selfie-loving, celebrity pop than marauding groups of lads off their tits and constantly trying to show off to each other.

• Upvote 4

Incidentally these are actual lyrics from Gallagher's new album. Jesus wept.

"You could've looked for the sunshine, yeah
But you had to paint the whole thing black
Now I'm back in the city
The lights are up on me
They tried to keep me locked away
But hallelujah I feel free
All your darkness has come back to you in time
Brace yourself world, it's about to blow your mind"

3 hours ago, xxialac said:
Incidentally these are actual lyrics from Gallagher's new album. Jesus wept.

"You could've looked for the sunshine, yeah
But you had to paint the whole thing black
Now I'm back in the city
The lights are up on me
They tried to keep me locked away
But hallelujah I feel free
All your darkness has come back to you in time
Brace yourself world, it's about to blow your mind"

"Got a bag and fixed my teeth, hope you hoes know it ain’t cheap
And I pay my mama bills, I ain’t got no time to chill
Think these hoes be mad at me, their baby father run a bill"

Liam (or whoever writes his lyrics now) has lyrical masterpieces compared to this

Edited by Nicklord

34 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Liam (or whoever writes his lyrics now) has lyrical masterpieces compared to this

Yeah, those lyrics are vapid and cliched and there's obviously a lot of materialistic bollocks but the general sense I get from her lyrics is that she has a personality which is reflected in the words she sings.

Unlike Gallagher who simply cobbles together random trite phrases about shining, angels, stars and souls in a failed attempt to sound profound.

Nonetheless think she's rubbish too.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Do we really reached that point in history where we compare Cardi B and a Gallagher?

I mean,  I dont even like britpop, but what comes next? Aphex Twin vs Aqua?

• Like 2

What's everybody's wishlist? Mines is

Kate Bush

Daft Punk

Fleetwood Mac

Fishmans Reunion playing Long Season (got the documentary planned for next year so now is the time)

My Bloody Valentine

Aphex Twin

DJ PayPal

Galen Tipton

Donato Dozzy

Karen Gwyer

Plenty of them are a stretch but even a couple would be incredible.

Edited by hi.

5 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Next announcement for Daily dose.. 

Anderson paak. 

One final act tomorrow. 

If there's any indication Anderson is finally playing PS, I'm booking my flight on the minute. One of the best performances I've ever witnessed, 3 weeks ahead of Ventura.

Also been to a Jamie xx set the other day, so fun.