Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

On 6/3/2019 at 11:50 PM, daveje said:

The Pavement announcement has too many caveats, it's either "only international shows" or "exclusive concerts globally'. Since they don't say "only shows", then it means something else, ie, they'll do a North American tour, and the Primavera shows next year will be the only ones outside it. Pavement won't reunite without playing the US.

These appearances, after none since 2010, will be the band’s exclusive concerts globally in 2020. They are coming to Primavera Sound to help us all celebrate our 20th anniversary! Everything 's coming together. Pavement, always Pavement.

The first tickets for Primavera Sound 2020 Barcelona will be on sale from Monday 17th June.

https://www.primaverasound.es/noticiaSingle?id=1694

1 minute ago, Fnmentaluk said:

Anyone know of pricing for the early bird. I take it they will be doing a 50/50 split on the lineup, as they don't want to be accused of tokenism. So who can they get as female headliners for next year. 

Billy Eillish.

13 minutes ago, Fnmentaluk said:

Anyone know of pricing for the early bird. I take it they will be doing a 50/50 split on the lineup, as they don't want to be accused of tokenism. So who can they get as female headliners for next year. 

Missy Elliott or Janet Jackson taking the Erykah Badu slot. They could bring Cardi B back. 

Just now, chilirocker said:

Missy Elliott or Janet Jackson taking the Erykah Badu slot. They could bring Cardi B back. 

Or not to bring Cardi B back, just so she can cancel it again. The Migos thing was ugly enough, and she had "promotional duties" at NY during Primavera Sound.

Missy would be sweet but not much of a headliner nowadays, I think?

Billie Eilish will definitely be there I reckon. 

Let's have: 

Sleater Kinney
Thom Yorke
St Vincent
Jessica Pratt
Black Midi
Flylo
Skee Mask
Girl Band
Visible Cloaks
Little Simz
Crack Cloud
Julie Byrne
Kathryn Joseph
Alexandra Streliski
Pile
Jean Grae and Quelle Chris
Death Grips
The Raincoats
Weyes Blood
Protomartyr
Shirt
Noname
Madlib and Freddie Gibbs
Bill Callahan

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I'm massively out of touch on recent pop music but aren't most of her fans screaming teenage girls? I don't get the fit for Primavera which always strikes me as having a more mature audience.

Could say the same for Miley. It was so weird seeing her fans run for the Seat stage as soon as the doors open.

Rihanna should have an album out. She could be a headliner doing the Janelle Monae slot.

Someone like Kacey Musgraves or Lana Del Rey could do the Miley/Carly Rae Jepsen slot

Edited by Glenn Coco

6 minutes ago, Glenn Coco said:

Could say the same for Miley. It was so weird seeing her fans run for the Seat stage as soon as the doors open.

Rihanna should have an album out. She could be a headliner doing the Janelle Monae slot.

Someone like Kacey Musgraves could do the Miley/Carly Rae Jepsen slot

Yeah  I would say the same for Cyrus. 

I'd rather more mature acts were booked to limit the vapid Instagram or screaming fan brigade but then again, Cyrus played this year and it still seemed like a lovely crowd at the shows I attended.

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

I'm massively out of touch on recent pop music but aren't most of her fans screaming teenage girls? I don't get the fit for Primavera which always strikes me as having a more mature audience.

You clearly weren't down the front for Carly Rae Jepsen :)

Primavera have never made a statement as bold as the 50/50 bookings, it was the reason that this year's edition was so great & encouraged a new crowd to attend, along with people that have been going for years.  I personally think it made for a fantastic atmosphere so more of this next year please.  And Bill Callahan for the more mature audience too.

6 minutes ago, livenstu said:

You clearly weren't down the front for Carly Rae Jepsen :)

Primavera have never made a statement as bold as the 50/50 bookings, it was the reason that this year's edition was so great & encouraged a new crowd to attend, along with people that have been going for years.  I personally think it made for a fantastic atmosphere so more of this next year please.  And Bill Callahan for the more mature audience too.

Heh, I had such a great time again this year, as every year, that ultimately I trust in Primavera's judgement. 

Yes please for Bill C. Love that dude and he's great live.

• Upvote 1

STANDARD

145 €: Pre-Early Bird. Only for Primavera Sound 2019 full festival ticket holders. On sale from June 17th to July 3rd.

150 €: Early Bird. On sale from July 4th and only for 48 hours or until they sell out.

180 €: On sale from July 6th.

VIP

250 €: Pre-Early Bird. Only for Primavera Sound 2019 VIP full festival ticket holders. On sale from June 17th to July 3rd.

300 €: Early Bird. On sale from July 4th and only for 48 hours or until they sell out.

400 €: On sale from July 6th.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, livenstu said:

Nice touch with the reduced 145 euro rate for 2019 ticket holders, curious how that is going to be checked though, have we all kept our Primavera entry cards?  They have unique numbers on.

it's the number on the ticket you received when you made the purchase that they are looking for

• Upvote 1

On 6/13/2019 at 12:48 PM, xxialac said:

I agree to be honest, however, Primavera put on most the gigs in Barcelona, this includes two Billie Eilish gigs just this year.

Gabi Ruiz went to her first gig earlier this year with Rosalia and he was very happy to be there. I think her style would be better suited to another festival for sure but like people are saying, after how much this year blew me away, I trust their decisions.

Would love to see someone like Lizzo take a big step up to a larger stage. Lots of the people who played the Lotus stage are going to be stars.

If any of you fine VIPs aren't using their code for next year please let me know. My GF and I are of the sore back variety and would appreciate a sit down VIP area. 

If you like I can send you Bon jovi/Manic St preachers tickets as a thank you of sorts. 

Playing RDS Dublin this Sunday :)

Thanks