Where's the Reggae?

RedSZ

Just now, Jah_Roots said:

are you guys talking about The Greenhouse in 2017 or am i missing something?

i thought the greenhouse thing was very disappointing.

all they need to do is get Instrument of Jah to bring the Dubshack - just the same as at One Love - and it would be perfect.

Nah clash but think the scoop rig was in the greenhouse. Was barely audible when i walked past it but sounded better at night. Real;ity is anyone myself included who owns a rig wants it as heavy as possible. If its not there will likely be other factors at play...or they blew all the cones on thursday!

Just now, Jah_Roots said:

are you guys talking about The Greenhouse in 2017 or am i missing something?

i thought the greenhouse thing was very disappointing.

all they need to do is get Instrument of Jah to bring the Dubshack - just the same as at One Love - and it would be perfect.

Nah, Clash stage in Shangri-La.  The Greenhouse was a bit crap, but I'm still sad to see it go, seeing as it was a dedicated reggae venue.  There's still Babylon Uprising, but it's right in the middle of the markets, rather than near all the other stuff going on late.

7 minutes ago, jfaragher said:

Nah, Clash stage in Shangri-La.  The Greenhouse was a bit crap, but I'm still sad to see it go, seeing as it was a dedicated reggae venue.  There's still Babylon Uprising, but it's right in the middle of the markets, rather than near all the other stuff going on late.

Glastonbury has really been calling out for a Tangled Roots style area for a long time. The blues and Gully seems to miss what Dub / roots etc is all about.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2019 at 8:02 PM, Avalon_Fields said:

Heds Party have a Trojan Takeover on the Thursday, that’s probably the best you’re going to get. I must admit I don’t even know where this is exactly.

Hollie Cook was good fun at Bearded last week, light reggae. Truth is there’s not much in the way of new reggae bands around, to my knowledge 

What stage/time is the Trojan Takeover on?