Silent discos?

morph100

4 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Isn't there usually one in The Park near The Bimble Inn as well?

Yep, that's been there for the last few.  Was in there with my then 19 year old at the last festival, and he wasn't THAT embarrassed to be with me!

If you go through the line up, Hed’s Party (in SH) is the only stage that is open until 7am every day (even Thursday) so this must be a silent disco as there’s no way a random stage is allowed to play loud music until 7am. Even the SE corner music finishes at 6am.

1 minute ago, zico martin said:

Never been to a silent disco but really love the idea so perhaps this year.

Does everyone listen to the same music in the headphones? And what type of music is it generally?

Assuming it's the same set up

You've got 2 DJ 'teams' on stage, one red and one blue. Your headphones can switch between channels, and theres a light to show what channel you're on.

The DJs will basically compete for listeners. So you might be listening to red and having a boogie, and you'll clock that everyone on blue has suddenly gone MENTAL so you flip over and see what's playing.

Classic dance, rnb, pop bangers, hair metal, power ballads, hip hop...take your pick.

Double fun is taking them off occasionally to listen to a room of smashed people singing tunes no one else can hear. It's a blast

Just now, Quark said:

Double fun is taking them off occasionally to listen to a room of smashed people singing tunes no one else can hear. It's a blast

We were camped just over the hedge from the silent disco in The Park last festival. It sure wasn't silent! Haha

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Assuming it's the same set up

You've got 2 DJ 'teams' on stage, one red and one blue. Your headphones can switch between channels, and theres a light to show what channel you're on.

The DJs will basically compete for listeners. So you might be listening to red and having a boogie, and you'll clock that everyone on blue has suddenly gone MENTAL so you flip over and see what's playing.

Classic dance, rnb, pop bangers, hair metal, power ballads, hip hop...take your pick.

Sounds fantastic. I'm in. Hopefully. 

2 minutes ago, MJP said:

We were camped just over the hedge from the silent disco in The Park last festival. It sure wasn't silent! Haha

Sounds about right!

My favourite bit was watching a couple trying to dance with each other listening to different channels :D

I think the Heds Party headphones were £15ish deposit last time. Park silent disco is free tho as it's self contained in a tent so you can't walk off with the headphones.

Heds one usually has 3 different DJ channels - see the 2017 lineup here for what they did last time https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2017/?stage#hedspartyinsonic

• 3 weeks later...