Glastonbury 2019 Advert & Theme Song

ChemicalBrother

32 minutes ago, ChemicalBrother said:

Full line up

Tickets dispatched

Next big event for me - when will the first BBC advert for Glastonbury hit the screens & what will this years theme song be ? 

I’m going for next week, & Kylie - Spinning Around. 

God I hope not, I absolutely despise that song. 

The Cure - Just Like Heaven is my bet. 

Edited by Wilfko

22 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Odds on its Ezra, some banal 5 second clip. Hasn’t it been Coldplay and lorde in the past two festivals?

Yes 2017 was Lorde - Green Light, which was a result when I was convinced it would be Sheeran’s Castle On The Hill (Vague Tor reference). Ezra would have been nailed on if it had been 2018. 

They don't usually go for a legend slot song. It's usually something I don't even know. If it had been earlier in the year I reckon Juice by Lizzo would have been a good shout but it'll probably be something by one of those bands that I don't really know like Years & Years or Bastille. 

3 minutes ago, I feel like Pablo said:

George Ezra will never have had his moment. He will haunt us for all eternity with his distressingly broadly appealing music 

The fact that I know it means it has been played a lot possibly on other tv footage though. Other than my Glastonbury playlist once a year I'm pretty much exclusively a 6 Music bubble so if a pop song manages to permeate  my consciousness then it must already have been used on something and I knew that song already. 

After thinking about this all night....It'll be Basil Brush singing Silver Machine with Hawkwind on the Pyramid with just Michael and a few cows as an audience. At the end of the song Michael just claps slowly as gradually 100k other people clapping and cheering is faded in while the dronecam zooms out from miles above.

Edited by Cooter
  • Upvote 1