Have you ever met ME?

Gabi_says

Inspired by @Phoenix Girl's post on the Lauren/Emily thread ?

I was on my way out of the Worthy View showers, and he walked pass the dressing area very quickly, with that wonderful grin of his. I guess it was a bit of a '60s hippy commune-like situation, with all of us half naked ladies walking about. That's as close as I've been to the chief, but it was a very intimate encounter, ha!

He seemed to be going on a tour of the premises (it was the first year of WV).

• Upvote 1

I certainly have, at Pilton Village Hall in 2016 after he gave a talk on all things Glastonbury-related. I'm going to see him in Frome next Friday too, so I hope to get another chance to meet our leader.

For anyone interested, there are still tickets available here, with proceeds going to charity: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/whyacoustic-tickets-60255549972

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

No, I don't believe I've ever met you.

6 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I won't be the last one who's annoyed someone beat them to posting this.

Ah! So bad that I've run out of upvotes, likes and gold star stickers ?

Edited by Gabi_says

15 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

No, I don't believe I've ever met you.

Someone should make a new thread with this as the actual topic, each person can only respond to the person before them if they've met them... or something. I haven't completely thought it through.

myself and my friend signed up to a rotary club dinner with michael eavis question and answer session at a local manor house ..... when we arrived the lady in charge said I sounded so nice and polite on the phone she had put us on the top table with Michael .... he seemed a lovely guy and was genuinely interested in our thoughts about the festival ... we talked about being allowed to take our own alcohol into the festival and our jobs .... later I asked him about Prince and he said he wasn't able to talk about him .. but I could see at that point it looked like he might play ... but later pulled out ..... October 2014 :) 

IMG_0652.jpeg

• Upvote 1

We were at the Pilton Party last year and watching Liam Gallagher.   I was taking some random photos of the stage and you can see a bald fella to the left hand side with his collar up (1st photo).      

Crowd shuffled about and the same fella is now in front of us but we didn't think anything off it (2nd photo)

And then, knock me down, after 5 minutes we realised in was the man himself.     I managed to get a picture with him (3rd photo) and he didn't mind at all - he was happy to pose for pictures with anyone if it seemingly made them happy (and happy it did indeed make all of us!)  After a couple of minutes everybody got their photos and went back to watching the show.

Awesome night!!!

42590342000_95bc306548_z.jpg

29462148137_9c5f3395a2_z.jpg

43491575005_0f1557db72_z.jpg

Edited by ohmygod

My folks went in 2017 and my old man made a huge trolley to cart all their stuff in (about 0.8m wide x 1.2m high x 1.5m long). 

He painted it red and decorated it to look like a London double decker, then stuck printed out pictures on to make it look like it was advertising the festival and had performers on board as passengers. A cut out ME was driving. I'll get a pic if people are interested - I've been trying to talk him into setting up a business making festival trolleys - it was a work of art and real craftsmanship. 

Anyway, they arrived in the car park Tuesday night and were among the first dozen people in the queue (old folk like to get places early). Who should walk by, stop and start asking about the trolley but ME. According to my mum he fucking loved it, and even my very self-effacing dad admitted ME seemed very taken with it. Can't believe they didn't get a pic! 

I work in a college and organised for him to come to Nottingham to talk to the students about Glastonbury. Was an absolute gent. Didn't charge a penny and even got a cab down from pilton which he paid for himself.  He turned up in denim shorts and it was February. Was an amazing experience for me and the students

Before Guilty Pleasures live on West Holts (Jazz World then?) on Friday morning in 2007, in the rain. He was stood directly behind us before it started with Emily and some others.. Had a brief chat, about where we were camping etc, how many times we'd been etc, and he was just lovely. 

3 hours ago, ohmygod said:

43491575005_0f1557db72_z.jpg

He looks totally wasted in that

I have meet him a few times at the festival

One time he pulled up with a crowded landrover. Called me over, when I reached the window he just shouted "Your a C*nt" there was much laughter from all the others in the landrover. They then drove off while violently swigging at hot flasks of tea. Out the back window some lady (Think it was Emily) was just flicking the V's at me. They were doing it to others as well

Edited by fred quimby
to lie
  • Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

He painted it red and decorated it to look like a London double decker, then stuck printed out pictures on to make it look like it was advertising the festival and had performers on board as passengers. A cut out ME was driving. I'll get a pic if people are interested - I've been trying to talk him into setting up a business making festival trolleys - it was a work of art and real craftsmanship. 

aye, would like a pic of that

yes I do know him - mainly with his previous wife Jean { who sadly died in 1999 } as they used to drop in to the Guest bar and sit at the back of the bar {late 80's most of the 90's} just to avoid the constant requests for photographs - he is very shy compared to Jean who was very chatty - there is a very strong connection as it was Michael Eavis who invited the WBC to start running bars at Glastonbury in 1986 and they have been there ever since.I ran into him a few years ago but his stutter was back - possibly due to him having to give a speech.

I have never met Emily Eavis who I believe was born the first year I attended in 1979.