Bramble FM

Bags73

Just noticed they're back after being sorely missed in 2017.     On at Glebeland on Saturday and Sunday afternoons according to Clashfinder.   They're my comedy highlight, especially now that Mundo Jazz seem to be no more.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Confession. I have never seen Bramble FM.

Second confession. I always assumed it was similar to Worthy FM and was a radio station.  What have I actually been missing?

It's a comedy show based around the premise of them being a radio show doing an OB.  It's very funny. 

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Confession. I have never seen Bramble FM.

Second confession. I always assumed it was similar to Worthy FM and was a radio station.  What have I actually been missing?

Have you ever seen that comedian that does a Hospital Radio DJ character? A more interactive version of that.

2 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

It's a comedy show based around the premise of them being a radio show doing an OB.  It's very funny. 

1 minute ago, incident said:

Have you ever seen that comedian that does a Hospital Radio DJ character? A more interactive version of that.

Thanks chaps, I feel suitably informed :)

This was actually my highlight of the line up drop - @Quark you must stop by and watch it is very very funny - recommend to go towards the end of the show to see Les and Maureen doing their tribute to Kris Kross - I have lost many an afternoon outside that van - fully intending to go off and see a band and never quite leaving

1 minute ago, noplacelikehome said:

This was actually my highlight of the line up drop - @Quark you must stop by and watch it is very very funny - recommend to go towards the end of the show to see Les and Maureen doing their tribute to Kris Kross - I have lost many an afternoon outside that van - fully intending to go off and see a band and never quite leaving

Me too! I missed Lionel Richie in 2015 because I couldn't bring myself to leave Bramble FM's nonsense

• Upvote 1

On 5/31/2019 at 3:34 PM, mike86 said:

That 2016? I forgot how grim it was. 

Indeed, the finale of that year's proceedings, and with this year being their last outing, the grand denouement of the whole Bramble FM saga should be particularly worth watching!

• 4 weeks later...

Sad to see them go.

Caught a chunk of the farewell show on Sunday (could not stay right to the end) - Anyone see if they did a time capsule ?

Thank you Les, Maureen, John and others I have seen over the years. Mad me belly laugh on so many occasions and Sunday was no exception.

Got to touch the Caravan though :) but got none of the prizes

Wish I put me name down for a T-shirt really

16 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Sad to see them go.

Caught a chunk of the farewell show on Sunday (could not stay right to the end) - Anyone see if they did a time capsule ?

Thank you Les, Maureen, John and others I have seen over the years. Mad me belly laugh on so many occasions and Sunday was no exception.

Got to touch the Caravan though :) but got none of the prizes

Wish I put me name down for a T-shirt really

Was this really their last show? Ever? Or just at Glastonbury???? I am so depressed if they are never to perform again!!! ???

Luckily this was one of the few things on my to do list I actually ticked off, more by chance than anything else but still absolutely worth it.  Sat in the sunshine on Saturday, caught about 30-45 mins of the set I think.  Laughed my arse off.

And yes @noplacelikehome I was there for both the Kriss Kross tribute and the Jurassic Re-enactment Society.  Brilliant.

• Upvote 1