Greenpeace

mazola

This will be my 10th Glastonbury, and I don't recall ever seeing anyone on this stage/tent.

This year according to my clashfinder I have 5 acts I want to see there.

Have they upped their game this year and booked bigger acts, or is it just coincidence that there's a few I want to see this year.

Most years we normally walk through it without ever really stopping.. seems liked they have upped their game with DJs this year, the Greenpeace 'Rave Tree' has the likes of SMD, Richy Ahmed, Norman Jay etc playing

Will definitely be going there a few times this year!

Think they've been getting better in recent years (or maybe my knowledge of the music scene is improving) but yes there is a couple of great acts on this stage this year. Mattiel is great if her Park Stage slot clashes for anyone. Beans on toast on Thursday will be mental, Elvana, She Drew The Gun lots of fabulous stuff. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Last time round there was a big rumour of someone (Thom Yorke maybe) DJing on the Saturday night in the tree at 2am. There was a massive, slightly disappointed looking crowd when it turned out it was Jarvis Cocker. Hung out for a bit as was a decent set. 

There's a nice selection of food and drink in that field too, so worth a look in day and night.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Boilingtent said:

Would massively recommend will varley playing before beans on toast. He played before him at boomtown and not a dry eye in the crowd

He was fantastic on The Old Mine.

Annoyingly, he clashes with Keston Cobblers Club, and I'm going for them since I've seen Will more recently.

Ben

58 minutes ago, Homer said:

Same here - never been before in over 20 years but am planning to catch Elvana on the Saturday and some of Stanton Warriors and Norman Jay before and after. Would love to catch Yoda too, but need to be down to the Chems by then!

meet you there as all of the above is my saturday lineup

• Upvote 1

I noticed this too, don't think I've ever seen a set there, and got a load of stuff on this year.

People have mentioned the Greenpeace tree...so are the DJs in a tree? How does it work? I have no memory of what the stage actually is/looks like.

Aye, strange one. Seems to be plenty on there worth watching this year, think I've only ventured there once in the other 8 festivals I've been.

Boy Azooga, Mattiel, Squid, Richie Ahmed, Joe Goddard, Stanton Warriors, Norman Jay, She Drew The Gun, Chris Tof., all highlighted on the Clashfinder. 

Most of them are playing more than 1 set, so it's good to have the option if you're near the area, conveniently located near the showers as well!

17 hours ago, Franco Baresi said:

Looking to catch Joe Goddard on the Greenpeace Stage late on Friday night, I can't see the stage on the map though? Is next to Green Kids on the map? or in a part of the Greenfields?

it's in the Greenpeace area, which is just below the old railway line on the main drag.

23 minutes ago, Arcticz Liam said:

Does anyone know if they still have/will be having the mini skatepark that has been in the Greenpeace area previously? And if so, is it open to anyone, or are there specific times when "norms" can skate it?

it's open to anyone, though there are 'organised displays' during the day when it's closed to the public. You can borrow boards there too, but I take my own :)

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, paulshane said:

it's open to anyone, though there are 'organised displays' during the day when it's closed to the public. You can borrow boards there too, but I take my own :)

Belting, cheers. I might drag my board along then. Staying in Wells the night before and was planning on going to the park there for a roll so I'll have it with me.

5 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Some good food stalls and bars in the Greenpeace area too.

I can't see 'The Engine Room' mentioned anywhere, does anyone know if something similar is replacing it ? It was a nice place to stop and chill for a while.

Hello all 

Adam here from This Is Now Agency and one of the bookers for Greenpeace at Glastonbury. Its nice to see so much great feedback on the line up we have booked in this year. Thanks for that.

To get you in the mood for the stage this year, please check out out this radio show where myself and another booker from the field, James, talk about all things Greenpeace and play music from some of the acts we have booked.

See you there!

Adam

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Likewise think I’ll be watching bands there for the first time this year. What’s the setup & capacity like for the stage?

Full stage with one of the best sound systems on site and around 1500 capacity with room for overspill.