Getting there...

thew2002

2 minutes ago, thew2002 said:

Thanks for all of the responses everyone! I am concerned that 8.30am will be too late for the magic Kidney Mead spot...

Also... there are taxi companies that seem to be offering this for under £200 - stupidly and sadly for the environment this actually beats the national express...

16 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

That’s exactly it, much cheaper and probably easier with a family member, too.

Will you be there for the eFests meet mate?

EDIT: Post 1,000... woohoo!

Yes mate I think so. Coach sets off at 8am. 

I was going to start a similar thread so this has worked out nicely!

Has anyone/does anyone get the first train out of Paddington to Castle Cary? So im originally from Liverpool and have always driven/got a private coach down through the night and been there around 5am/6am at the gates.

Im veryyyy nervous about this train - its at 7:15. Is it going to be completely rammoed? Am I going to need to be there waiting for the train like an hour just to get a sniff of my allocated seat? 

Is it going to be like some mad Battle Royale where cans of dark fruits are used as weapons? 

28 minutes ago, Plumb111 said:

Has anyone actually ever been dropped at the Taxi drop off point? We have booked a minibus this year and paid for a slot to be dropped there at 6am.. 

What is our queueing time looking like? I presume we just go by foot to Ped gate A? 

I've not gone that way myself (early on in the festival), but I've seen people comment that the bus line gets priority at Gate A over everyone else.  The taxi area just fed into a track which ran through the carparks when I walked it on Friday in 2017, so I assume you'll just join the carpark entry line.  Best of luck!

1 minute ago, EasyUserName said:

I've not gone that way myself (early on in the festival), but I've seen people comment that the bus line gets priority at Gate A over everyone else.  The taxi area just fed into a track which ran through the carparks when I walked it on Friday in 2017, so I assume you'll just join the carpark entry line.  Best of luck!

Agh, that sort of sucks - so were paying £120 for no real reason then it seems. 

2 minutes ago, Plumb111 said:

Agh, that sort of sucks - so were paying £120 for no real reason then it seems. 

I met some people who came by taxi on Friday in 2017, and the trip went from the taxi rank through 34 into 31, and joined the yellow line around that little grey pointy bit on the bottom centre-right.  Looking at the map, I can see how people coming from the coaches will come in from the top, and could thus be in a shorter line than the carpark people.  I'm sure someone will come along with actual Tuesday night / Wed. am experience though!

image.png.fb450997295be6c0c43fd64f93958a66.png

2 hours ago, buffy394 said:

I was going to start a similar thread so this has worked out nicely!

Has anyone/does anyone get the first train out of Paddington to Castle Cary? So im originally from Liverpool and have always driven/got a private coach down through the night and been there around 5am/6am at the gates.

Im veryyyy nervous about this train - its at 7:15. Is it going to be completely rammoed? Am I going to need to be there waiting for the train like an hour just to get a sniff of my allocated seat? 

Is it going to be like some mad Battle Royale where cans of dark fruits are used as weapons? 

We got this train last time. The train was delayed but imagine that doesn't usually happen every year.

As it was delayed the reservations weren't valid, but there were enough seats for everyone on the train so it wasn't a problem. Our group of 4 got 4 seats together no bother.

The wait at Castle Cary for the shuttle bus in scorching heat was the main problem!