Line up thoughts... which day is best?

Wooderson

Line up at a glance - which of the 3 main days is yer fave?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Which looks best to you?

• Fri
    • Sat
    • Sun

3 hours ago, Crossfit Jesus said:

Had a scan for a relevant thread and can't seem to see one, but people have mentioned clashfinder a few times here so figure it's the best place for it. Is anyone able to remove/add stages on their clashfinder? Every time I select the ones I want it just says "showing all days and stages".

If you click on the cog (which is basically "settings"), there's a stages tab and you can deselect ones you don't want to see.

Best - It's Friday as usual. Im busy all day, varied acts & can go through til 3 at Arcadia with no fuss.

Weakest - Sunday again. There is nothing to really grab me at headliner time. Its a constant theme for me now for a Sunday. Janelle Monae is winning so far. She looks like she puts on a good show & I will enjoy that.

50 minutes ago, Mardy said:

The Other is a proper no-go zone, C&TQ aside. A real stinker

Personal opinion though innit. Can't wait to see The Chemical Brothers and Tame Impala headline, also Loyle Carner and Sigrid during the day. And yet when Christine and the Queens come on the radio I have to switch it off. Strage old world.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

Personal opinion though innit. Can't wait to see The Chemical Brothers and Tame Impala headline, also Loyle Carner and Sigrid during the day. And yet when Christine and the Queens come on the radio I have to switch it off. Strage old world.

Yeah, of course. That’s what powers this site. Fair play. I mean, you’re wrong, but fair play.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jparx said:

If you click on the cog (which is basically "settings"), there's a stages tab and you can deselect ones you don't want to see.

Yeah no I know that, I meant whenever I do that and then refresh it just seems to have all the stages still there. Managed to sort it eventually though.

6 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Friday has about 30 things I've marked down as viable, which makes it the "best" from a curiosity perspective: never seen Black Midi, Erick Morillo, Acid Mothers Temple, Lauryn Hill, Gojira et al and I fully intend to catch as much as possible given there are some very rare acts in that.

Saturday looks pretty weak for me until about mid-afternoon. A Strut Records special in Beat Hotel, Ezra Collective on WH and Proclaimers for ribbing a Scottish spouse – that's about it prior to Janet Jackson. And then she's clashing with Low...ffs. Picks up for the big hit parade dance-off of Chems or Chip, then Tony Humphries much later in the Downlow.

But all around, nothing is as attractive as Kylie/Vampire Weekend/The Cure on the Pyramid. Sunday is dreamland and gets my vote.

got to agree, if the sun really shines that will be tremendous.  Might move on to Christine and the queens though.  and end up with the bar steward sons of Val Doonican at 1am in the avalon cafe!!

On 5/30/2019 at 7:48 PM, Ddiamondd said:

Saturday looks pretty weak for me until about mid-afternoon.

I recommend you check out The Cat Empire. Best gig I've ever been to was them in Sheffield on a Sunday night. 

Was gutted initially since they're headlining Avalon but they're opening Other as well. 

On 5/30/2019 at 10:40 AM, Quark said:

Exactly where I am Gnom.  Just building my own clashfinder at the moment, looking like Saturday's going to be my day at the moment.

How are you organising your clash finder? Is there an app or just doing it yourself? 

Saturday is just jam-packed for me, especially during the night. No idea how I am going to decide between Ezra Collective / Sons of Kemet's super jam in the Wormhole, Fat Boy Eats Everything, Larry Heard or Mark Ronson's Club Heartbreak. 

Also I am barely going to be at the Pyramid before Sunday, if at all, but then the Kylie – Miley – Vampire Weekend – The Cure run is just madness. 

Overall it feels like I will get to see a lot more stage variety this year. Having been twice now and not being overly excited about the Pyramid stuff, I am spending much more time on West Holts, Pangea, Wormhole, Stonebridge, Beat Hotel etc. Very excited!

Edited by rzwodezwo

I voted Sunday as it has a nice run through for me without much running about - Slaves into Babymetal into BMTH or (Fat white Family if I can be arsed to move) then Miley (my only Pyramid act of the weekend) topping it off with The Streets (who are my top must see).

Saturday is good but a bit clashy and a lot of moving - Cat Empire down to Gerry Cinnamon then trek to Snapped Ankles\DC Fontaine\Pip Blom trek back for Kurt Vile and then top it with Chems.

Friday is Vaccines (maybe)then either Acid Mothers Temple (if it's hot and I want cider) or Yak\Amyl & The sniffers followed by Pond, Idles and Tame Impala.

Not finished by any means but that's what I have so far. Don't mind moving stages during the light time but not over keen during the dark time when I want to actually get someplace to see someone.

Edited by The_Amazing_Oblong