Line up thoughts... which day is best?

Wooderson

Line up at a glance - which of the 3 main days is yer fave?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Which looks best to you?

• Fri
    • Sat
    • Sun

25 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Ive always advocated for a biggie on Friday - particularly Friday night. I prefer to start hot and either go from there or gently slide down a degree or two to normality/reality. Energy levels just arent there on the Sunday. Most people have one eye on the journey home at that stage... tonnes of people have spent the day packing and are on the dry for the night.

The trend above with the significant focus on Sunday confirms my thinking that Fri has a tinge of "bummer" off it.

Still loads I want to see on Friday - IDLES, hopkins or Tame Impala, Comet is Coming will all be great.

Maybe a bit slower earlier on in the day but Avalon is daytime is strong and I may be keen for Mac Demarco.

There's a lot of the bigger stage acts which won't appeal to a lot of people on this forum, (especially earlier on in the day) -  either from being a bit bland or are no longer at their popularity peak - Snow Patrol, Two Door,  The Wombats, Vaccines, Lumineers, Bastille, Tom Odell. Even Sheryl Crow...

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

It's a weird one. No single act that I'm extremely exited to see but loads that will keep me happy. I think I have more clashes on the Friday so will go for that.

Well this is just about the perfect situation for Glastonbury if you ask me.  The festival is too big / diverse / magical / random to be a slave to a timetable and must see bands, so it's nice to have the freedom not to absolutely have to be anywhere.  But knowing that there's always something on you will enjoy is golden ?

16 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I mean, how can Friday possibly be barren when yer man Craig Charles is available to fill any day time gaps in the schedule? 

I'm actually worried I won't make it down to see him! Yak, Goat girl, BCUC, La Payara, Shy FX, Sheryl....clash away

Exactly. Craig Charles is a perfect choice for any occasion, hopefully I'll catch him but it's always the problem with acts on at numerous times - I always think that I'll be able to catch the next set and never do!

Friday is looking nice for me at the moment  - Shy FX / Sheryl Crow - MYBABY - Lauren Hill - IDLES /Morcheeba - Jon Hopkins - South East Corner

Saturday is pretty tasty too with Carl Cox - Janet Jackson - Neneh Cherry - Kate Tempest - The Chems / Hot Chip - FatBoy Eats Everything / Jon Hopkin DJ set - HAAI 

I think sunday is going to be a bit of a write off for me! 

Edited by Kinkyinuit
grammar

Had a scan for a relevant thread and can't seem to see one, but people have mentioned clashfinder a few times here so figure it's the best place for it. Is anyone able to remove/add stages on their clashfinder? Every time I select the ones I want it just says "showing all days and stages".

Friday easily the weakest for me. First time ever I’m skipping headliners and sub-headliners to hit the SE Corner hard. Actually don’t mind as Thursday arrival so Friday is for exploring with a few stops.

Saturday and Sunday are brilliant-Saturday probably just shaded it for the Jungle-Hot Chip/Chems finish.

I’ve done a brief schedule with loads of different coloured highlighters for now as is customary however I very rarely stick to it.

Sunday inspiration is very much needed though.  I’m struggling to identify anything up to about 15:00 so any ideas/suggestions for Sunday are appreciated - I can then go take listen beforehand 

Saturday is currently looking like...

Four Tet (DJ Set) Stonebridge11:00 - 13:00
Carl Cox Glade14:15 - 18:00
Lewis Capaldi Other Stage16:00 - 17:00
Monster Florence BBC Music Introducing17:00 - 17:25
TBA The Park Stage18:15 - 19:15
Midland The Beat Hotel18:30 - 20:00
Denis Sulta Sonic20:00 - 21:30
The Chemical Brothers Other Stage22:15 - 23:45
Fat Boy Eats Everything Arcadia's Pangea00:00 - 02:00
Mark Ronson Presents Club Heartbreak Stonebridge00:00 - 05:00
Ezra Collective vs Sons of Kemet Wormhole00:00 - 02:00
Larry Heard Live Feat. Fatima & Paul Cut Iicon01:00 - 02:30
Haai Genosys02:00 - 04:00
Bicep The Gas Tower03:00 - 04:00
Tony Humphries NYC Downlow04:30 - 06:00
Monika Kruse The Temple04:30 - 06:00

Every single day I have clashes almost all day so plenty for me to see. Think the headliners for Saturday and Sunday are much stronger for me but that being said I do still have numerous options on Friday as well. 

I don't have loads of must sees just loads of I'd really like to see's which is making clashes much harder because there are a lot of acts that are pretty much level pegging. Will probably end up making decisions based on stages rather than acts. There seem to be a few acts between Pyramid and Other that could cause carnage and thankfully I'm not really interested in a lot of them so I'll probably pick things that are away from the potential huge crowds. 

Saturday for me, flippin amazing!

Squid > The Proclaimers > Cut Capers > Beans on Toast > Ezra Collective > Fontaines DC > Pip Blom > Stella Donnelly > Kurt Vile > Kate Tempest > Chemical Brothers > end of Hot Chip > Fatboy Eats Everything > Faithless DJ set > Leftfield DJ set > fall over! 

I know I’ll end up only seeing about half of those but it’s fun to plan anyway!

2 hours ago, Crossfit Jesus said:

Had a scan for a relevant thread and can't seem to see one, but people have mentioned clashfinder a few times here so figure it's the best place for it. Is anyone able to remove/add stages on their clashfinder? Every time I select the ones I want it just says "showing all days and stages".

I found it wasn't updating for me either, but after a refresh it was fine.

3 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Are people going hunting for more goodies because the top two are a bit off? Im intruiged.

When you say Top 2 what does that mean? are you just saying Pyramid ?

I hardly ever go there anyway nowadays. Always more intriguing stuff elsewhere

3 hours ago, Sasperella said:

How I wish that IDLES 6pm info had been legit!!

Could you not do what I will be doing and sneak off part way through a headliner to the Truth stage to see them?

I am at Hopkins so easier to slide to the SE and not miss so much. Gotta somehow get out of SE to the Park for Comet is Coming which is going to be me swimming against the tide as per normal

24 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

When you say Top 2 what does that mean? are you just saying Pyramid ?

I hardly ever go there anyway nowadays. Always more intriguing stuff elsewhere

The top two stages yeh. Theyre as bad as theyve been in over a decade IMO.

5 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

The top two stages yeh. Theyre as bad as theyve been in over a decade IMO.

guess it is what you like, but Yea nothing really for me. Although, Reckon Stormzy will be brilliant . I have dates elsewhere though that are must sees. Chems will be brilliant but they have done it many times and I have been there

I normally prefer it away from the main 2 at headliner time though.

42 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Could you not do what I will be doing and sneak off part way through a headliner to the Truth stage to see them?

I am at Hopkins so easier to slide to the SE and not miss so much. Gotta somehow get out of SE to the Park for Comet is Coming which is going to be me swimming against the tide as per normal

This is a good shout in many respects - I was initially hoping to be at Hopkins (although, the Friday night clash fest that no one else seems to appreciate has made that a challenge), and that would put the ball in his favour I guess. What time do you reckon you'd need to leave to get a decent spot for IDLES?

The three major worries are:

1. If I'm going to be too spandangled by then to want to get in-amongst it (or worse still, forget to go). Was intending to take it a bit easy in the day on Friday until at least just after their set

2. If it will be rammed. This thread with everyone hating on the main five stages makes me think it might be (although, these people who hate the Friday lineup presumably also aren't IDLES fans)

3. If I will be able to find my friends after. Looking at the amazing night time lineups elsewhere, Friday looks set to be the non-SE Corner night. I can't see any of them wanting to trek down there for that....

3 hours ago, joeruss said:
Saturday is currently looking like...

Four Tet (DJ Set) Stonebridge11:00 - 13:00
Carl Cox Glade14:15 - 18:00
Lewis Capaldi Other Stage16:00 - 17:00
Monster Florence BBC Music Introducing17:00 - 17:25
TBA The Park Stage18:15 - 19:15
Midland The Beat Hotel18:30 - 20:00
Denis Sulta Sonic20:00 - 21:30
The Chemical Brothers Other Stage22:15 - 23:45
Fat Boy Eats Everything Arcadia's Pangea00:00 - 02:00
Mark Ronson Presents Club Heartbreak Stonebridge00:00 - 05:00
Ezra Collective vs Sons of Kemet Wormhole00:00 - 02:00
Larry Heard Live Feat. Fatima & Paul Cut Iicon01:00 - 02:30
Haai Genosys02:00 - 04:00
Bicep The Gas Tower03:00 - 04:00
Tony Humphries NYC Downlow04:30 - 06:00
Monika Kruse The Temple04:30 - 06:00

amazing run up, will be at most of them myself, with exception the TBA at pangea, if that is chase and status or aphex twin then that is where i will be