Line up thoughts... which day is best?

Wooderson

Line up at a glance - which of the 3 main days is yer fave?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Which looks best to you?

• Fri
    • Sat
    • Sun

Just now, Gnomicide said:

It's a weird one. No single act that I'm extremely exited to see but loads that will keep me happy. I think I have more clashes on the Friday so will go for that.

Exactly where I am Gnom.  Just building my own clashfinder at the moment, looking like Saturday's going to be my day at the moment.

3 minutes ago, eastynh said:

They all look the same for me, drunk and happy ?‍♂️?

Amen brother!

Saturday, but pretty much everything I'd like to see, clashes: Carl Cox vs. Johnny Marr vs. Lizzo - Kate Tempest vs. The Killers vs. Four Tet @ Pangea vs. Chems vs. Wu-Tang vs. Hot Chip. So I guess I'll just spend Saturday in one place, drinking until I'm drunk enough to think I've made the right choice and then head that way (probably another bar)

8 minutes ago, Kashkin said:

Sunday is weird, lots of things I want to see but virtually all of them are at the same time as Kylie, with the result that it's pretty thin aside from Kylie and headliner time.

This thread is really making me question my taste in music! Seems to me that Friday and Saturday are both log jams and on Sunday there's slim pickings, yet everyone else raving about the clashes. My aversion to pop* and an irrational teenage hatred of The Streets probably isn't helping though.....

Fortunately, by Sunday it'll only take a couple of ciders and I'll be so sozzled I'll be happy with anything my crew fancy seeing 

* Despite claiming to have an aversion to pop, I am weirdly not including Kylie in this bracket

Edited by Sasperella

Ive always advocated for a biggie on Friday - particularly Friday night. I prefer to start hot and either go from there or gently slide down a degree or two to normality/reality. Energy levels just arent there on the Sunday. Most people have one eye on the journey home at that stage... tonnes of people have spent the day packing and are on the dry for the night.

The trend above with the significant focus on Sunday confirms my thinking that Fri has a tinge of "bummer" off it.

3 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

This thread is really making me question my taste in music! Seems to me that Friday and Saturday are both log jams and on Sunday there's slim pickings, yet everyone else raving about the clashes. My aversion to pop and an irrational teenage hatred of The Streets probably isn't helping though.....

Fortunately, by Sunday it'll only take a couple of ciders and I'll be so sozzled I'll be happy with anything my crew fancy seeing 

Agreed. I also have an aversion to pop but an making an exception for Kylie. I'd like to see This Is The Kit, Keb Mo and maybe Fat White Family, maybe Palace... all clash with Kylie. Slim pickings otherwise, although there is Mavis Staples if I've got going early enough. For years I've been wanting to spend an afternoon in the T&C so maybe this will be the year.

11 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

The trend above with the significant focus on Sunday confirms my thinking that Fri has a tinge of "bummer" off it.

Friday's probably got my worst clash periods.  Between 19:30 and 21:00 I've got Dream Wife on Left Field, IDLES on Park, Morcheeba on Avalon and Dub Pistols on Glade (Dubs are clearly going to win that one).

Then at headline time I've got Jon Hopkins, Cat Power, Interpol and Frank Turner, all were on my to watch list!

Plenty of stuff for us on all the days, but Sunday has the most must-see acts. Miley, Billie and Chris and will be a mega end to the festival.

On a slightly tangential note - we sat down and went through the clashfinder last night and this year has by far the biggest variety of stages for us. We're seeing stuff all over the shop, which is really ace. 

Sunday's packed. I could easily park myself at either Pyramid or Other from 4pm onwards with some other decent stuff dotted around elsewhere.

Friday and Saturday are okay but not particularly thrilling for the most part.

Edited by Andeeroo

Sunday - Jeff Goldblum, Miley, Vampires, Babymetal, Kylie, Billie, Kamasi, Janelle, Dave, Christine, The Good The Bad and The Queen, Self Esteem. And Cassetteboy and The Bootlegs who are still a great bet even if they appear every year. Whew. If Friday and Saturday were half that strong rather than barren wastelands it’d be the strongest G lineup in history.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

16 minutes ago, Quark said:

Friday's probably got my worst clash periods.  Between 19:30 and 21:00 I've got Dream Wife on Left Field, IDLES on Park, Morcheeba on Avalon and Dub Pistols on Glade (Dubs are clearly going to win that one).

Then at headline time I've got Jon Hopkins, Cat Power, Interpol and Frank Turner, all were on my to watch list!

Snap. Except switch Cat Power with Stormzy/Tame Impala. Also not happy about Micheal Kiwanuka ending just as the other main headliners start!

FFS. No idea what I'm going to do at headliner time....I think IDLES will win out earlier on, but your post has made me think more about how flippin' epic dub pistols on glade would be. 

Edited by Sasperella

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Snap. Except switch Cat Power with Stormzy/Tame Imapala. Also not happy about Micheal Kiwanuka ending just as the other main headliners start!

FFS. No idea what I'm going to do at headliner time....I think IDLES will win out earlier on, but your post has made me think more about how flippin' epic dub pistols on glade would be. 

Ain't no party like a Dubs Glade party Sas!!

• Upvote 1