Tangerine Fields

Nicki789pink

Hi all,

We’re staying in tangerine fields this year for the first time and just had a few questions as first timers. 

1. How far is it from the tangerine fields car park to the campsite? 

2. Will I be able to come and go from the car park? Need to go to work on Friday. 

3. How far is it to walk from the tangerine fields campsite to the festival entrance? 

Any other advice would be gratefully received! Thanks

55 minutes ago, Nicki789pink said:

Hi all,

We’re staying in tangerine fields this year for the first time and just had a few questions as first timers. 

1. How far is it from the tangerine fields car park to the campsite? 

2. Will I be able to come and go from the car park? Need to go to work on Friday. 

3. How far is it to walk from the tangerine fields campsite to the festival entrance? 

Any other advice would be gratefully received! Thanks

All based on 2014 so might be slightly different and I do walk fast

1. A few hundred yards to entrance at most then it depends on what you are camping in but nothing is that far

2. Yes

3. To Gate B is 10 mins ish, downhill all the way. Once through Gate A it is another 10 mins before you get anywhere near any stages but still all down hill.
You can guess the return trip is longer and up hill

Edited by Nobody Interesting

4 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

All based on 2014 so might be slightly different

1. A few hundred yards to entrance at most then it depends on what you are camping in but nothig is that far

2. Yes

3. To Gate A is 10 mins ish, downhill all the way. Once through Gate A it is another 10 mins before you get anywhere near any stages but still all down hill.
You can guess the return trip is longer and up hill

I thought TF was nearer Gate B than Gate A?  

17 minutes ago, dondo said:

TG is by Gate B and not Gate A.

I think its a little further than 10 minutes to the gate @Nobody Interesting as it very much depends on where your tent is positioned on the TG site.

I've stayed a couple of times and it feels longer. Getting out of Gate B at the end of the night can be annoying if its very busy and the walk back from the SE corner is pleasant until you get to muddy lane then its all up!

Don't lose your ticket!

Proximity to the car is as NI said and you can come and go but it isnt an easy process getting out of the car park then back in. I'd suggest contacting them before and explaining the circumstance 

33 minutes ago, dondo said:

11 minutes ago, drunk pumpkin said:

TG is by Gate B and not Gate A.

I think its a little further than 10 minutes to the gate @Nobody Interesting as it very much depends on where your tent is positioned on the TG site.

I've stayed a couple of times and it feels longer. Getting out of Gate B at the end of the night can be annoying if its very busy and the walk back from the SE corner is pleasant until you get to muddy lane then its all up!

Don't lose your ticket!

Proximity to the car is as NI said and you can come and go but it isnt an easy process getting out of the car park then back in. I'd suggest contacting them before and explaining the circumstance 

Yes sorry of course it is gate B

I do walk fast so maybe add 5 mins to the timings

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

First time in Tangerine Fields for me, having stayed in WV previously. I have a few questions:

Do TF campers get another wristband?

Is there a lock up to charge powerbanks at TF?

Is the hill walk to TF as awful as WV? (Gotta get myself mentally ready for that! ?)

I’m arriving with others who are staying in WV, which is the opposite side of the site. Do you know if there is a shuttle bus that could get me from WV to or near TF? 

Thanks 

8 minutes ago, lexlogic said:

Hi all!

First time in Tangerine Fields for me, having stayed in WV previously. I have a few questions:

Is the hill walk to TF as awful as WV? (Gotta get myself mentally ready for that! ?)

I’m arriving with others who are staying in WV, which is the opposite side of the site. Do you know if there is a shuttle bus that could get me from WV to or near TF? 

Thanks 

Hi, I did TF back in 2013 so things may have changed but when we stayed it was as follows:

No separate wrist bad as they are nothing to do with Glastonbury Festival. You need to keep your ticket with you and when you leave the site at night they give you a pass out which you need the following day to get back in, it's the same process every time you leave the festival.

There wasn't a lock up but TF may provide a charging tent etc, I imagine they would specify that on their website.

No but depending where you are it is a hill or sorts which is longer and more draining imo, more of a steady up hill gradient than a short steep hill like in WV.

There is a shuttle bus but it would take you back to gate A which probably wouldn't be much use for you.

2 hours ago, lexlogic said:

Hi all!

Thanks 

Stayed there the last 4 and again this year.

You do get a TG wristband and the main Glastonbury one. Just show your TG wristband to get in and out and as above always have your ticket and get a pass out when you leave site to get back in. 

No lockups. There is a small shelter next to where the hair dryer station is that I believe has power but no where you can leave unattended.

It is a fair walk when you've decided you've had enough for a bit which is obviously worse depending on weather. I'd say 10 mins to the Pyramid at a reasonable pace and a bit longer back when you're either inebriated or knackered!

I have never seen a shuttle bus that does that trip or as above would actually be of any benefit.

It is good though, never really had any problems there. Bit of advice, as soon as you wake up walk directly to the showers or have one late at night because once everyone has come around it is very busy (although reasonably fast moving) I prefer an 2am one but have crashed a few times, got up early and had one, by the time i've done that and grabbed a coffee the queue is pretty long.

Enjoy!

• Upvote 1

Aaah thank you Wingnut! 

On the basis of what you’ve both said, I better get myself another powerbank! 

13 minutes ago, wingnut2711 said:

Stayed there the last 4 and again this year.

You do get a TG wristband and the main Glastonbury one. Just show your TG wristband to get in and out and as above always have your ticket and get a pass out when you leave site to get back in. 

No lockups. There is a small shelter next to where the hair dryer station is that I believe has power but no where you can leave unattended.

It is a fair walk when you've decided you've had enough for a bit which is obviously worse depending on weather. I'd say 10 mins to the Pyramid at a reasonable pace and a bit longer back when you're either inebriated or knackered!

I have never seen a shuttle bus that does that trip or as above would actually be of any benefit.

It is good though, never really had any problems there. Bit of advice, as soon as you wake up walk directly to the showers or have one late at night because once everyone has come around it is very busy (although reasonably fast moving) I prefer an 2am one but have crashed a few times, got up early and had one, by the time i've done that and grabbed a coffee the queue is pretty long.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...