“I can’t get no sleep “

Crazyfool01

3 hours ago, Homer said:

Probably about three or four hours a night.

Can thoroughly recommend the one night on/one night off policy.

Thurs and Sat - just go to Arcadia and get to bed by about 2.30am latest

Fri and Sun - go for the full naughty corner and go for 5am/6am.

What about Wednesday...

I'm a bad sleeper. So much so, that even at festivals where I've been exhausted, once I get back to my tent I can't sleep. I also have "tent anxiety" - if I hear people approaching trip over guy ropes, or just talking loudly it puts me on edge until they leave. If it sounds like they're really close and just talking it can also put me on edge as they usually sound a lot closer than they are. My other issue is that I always - and I mean always - end up needing the toilet half an hour after I get into my sleeping bag, no matter the fact I've just been 5 minutes before getting back to my tent. I also need the toilet urgently around 6-7 in the morning as well, so I reckon I only get 2-3 hours decent sleep a night, then an hour or two half-dozing after getting back from the toilet early doors. I've tried holding it in, despite knowing it's impossible to fall asleep whilst desperate, to no avail!

We now have a rule, my girlfriend and I, that no matter how tired we are, we'll make sure we don't get back to the tent until 3am, (except in exceptional circumstances) as that means that we're - well, I'm - more likely to get to sleep in the first place. 

I've thought about earplugs so I'll be in perfect bliss to alleviate my tent anxiety. I guess it depends on how comfortable they are and whether they themselves keep me awake!

Campervan life helps with sleeping into the morning but when the family are rising for breakfast & brews then that benefit is cruelly slashed.

This year we're in family / quiet camper van so I'm calculating that mornings will be the least quiet time of all as excited and over tired kids (& big kids) rise.

If staying at one stage for 2 or 3 sets then stealth napping between acts tops up my reserves :ph34r: - please let it be dry!

Just now, grilladelphia said:

Usually in the 2-4 hours range - and typically do one night all the way through. There's no need for sleep when there's dancing to be done though, sleep at home! (although my first festival since I turned 30, lets see if I can still handle it...!)

im reruning this thread in 10 years to see if we all post the same thing :) 

12 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Best hint i ever got was to take one luxury with you, the pillow you normally sleep on at home.  It helps you sleep and counters the tent anxiety (whatever that is).  A lot better than those inflatable camping pillows that make farting noises every time you turn over.

I've spent 6 years coping with either a daysack stuffed with clothes or one of those horse-collar flight pillows. This year I'm treating myself and taking a fucking pillow.

9 minutes ago, Quark said:

I've spent 6 years coping with either a daysack stuffed with clothes or one of those horse-collar flight pillows. This year I'm treating myself and taking a fucking pillow.

Tried one of those horse collar pillows once, woke up in the morning in shock feeling like one of those Tory MPs involved in a strangulation sex game. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

Tried one of those horse collar pillows once, woke up in the morning in shock feeling like one of those Tory MPs involved in a strangulation sex game. 

Why do you think I use them?

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Fearless_Fish said:

.......always - end up needing the toilet half an hour after I get into my sleeping bag, no matter the fact I've just been 5 minutes before getting back to my tent. I also need the toilet urgently around 6-7 in the morning as well, so I reckon I only get 2-3 hours decent sleep a night

Haha, every night! Rolling around on an airbed for an hour trying to talk yourself out of if before inevitably giving up and trudging to the long drops. 

Must remember pull-on trainers and to not sleep naked this year. Getting dressed and pulling wellies on is half the mental battle ?

1 minute ago, brightyoungthing2 said:

Haha, every night! Rolling around on an airbed for an hour trying to talk yourself out of if before inevitably giving up and trudging to the long drops. 

Must remember pull-on trainers and to not sleep naked this year. Getting dressed and pulling wellies on is half the mental battle ?

flip flops every time for this purpose :) as long as its not chucking it down 

I don’t sleep much at the fest. Maybe 3 or 4 hours a night. If you’re take lots of different party aids at night it really messes with your sleep. The Quechua fresh n black tent is a revelation though. Cool dark sleep at any time of the day.

Im blessed with the ability to sleep and also stay up.  Usually I go to bed around 6 or 7 am and wake up around 11 or 12. That leaves me with 5-6hrs sleep on fri sat and sun. Weds and thurs are a diff story and I easily get 8hrs those nights. 

I feel bad for my friend who goes with me as she keeps the same schedule but is a light sleeper.  She usually ends up taking an evening nap.