“I can’t get no sleep “

Crazyfool01

3 minutes ago, Bags73 said:

Anything approaching 6hours ish usually works for me.  There's no way you can have a lie in if it's hot as the tent becomes super heated.   I'm usually busting for a wee too by 8am no matter what.

At the risk of doing the hard sell, these are a game changer:

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/2-seconds-easy-iii-freshblack-pop-up-tent-3-man-id_8357353.html?iv_=__iv_p_1_g_65718920351_c_316423054750_w_aud-308557096493:pla-329717980502_n_g_d_c_v__l__t__r_1o1x_pla_y_15177021_f_online_o_2030818_z_GB_i_en_j_329717980502_s__e__h_9046436_ii__vi__&gclid=Cj0KCQjw_r3nBRDxARIsAJljleGNeu8tlkkcRf6iVY0dJmh9J9uHqM-GBMzHn__5YpMNK8hwBKoEpzcaAvN0EALw_wcB

big_192895.jpg

It's much cooler and much darker, to the point where you can actually go back to sleep if you wake at 5 or 6.  They're brilliant.

• Like 1

I was at a two festival this weekend and still feel like death today. I don't know whether it was lack of sleep, or other substances. I really don't know how I'm going to manage five days.

I honestly might have to have some sober days. 

I tend to get around 6-7 hours a night although it varies depending on acts I wanna see and where. I remember in 2016 I slept for about 10 hours on the Sunday morning rising to go watch ELO but then in 2017 had 5 hours before heading to watch Hacienda Classical - in short, it varies! 

Someone has shares in quecha/decathlon :) .... I try to stay up past 3 am as there is really no point going to bed before due to the proximity of the beat hotel ..... but im usually up and out the tent before 8 as I just cant ever get back to sleep maybe the fresh and black will change things this year ...(.anyone humming faithless due to my subtle/unsubtle thread tittle ? :)  ) 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Bags73 said:

Anything approaching 6hours ish usually works for me.  There's no way you can have a lie in if it's hot as the tent becomes super heated.   I'm usually busting for a wee too by 8am no matter what.

This is me. Wake up about 7 absolutely busting for the toilet, my hip on whatever side I am lying on is killing me and the tent is too hot. Trip to the toilet and there's no chance of me getting back to sleep for any more than a few mins.

Normally take myself for a wee dander, get some breakfast and get to toilets before the madding crowd, get a wash and brush my teeth. I like already being up and kind of watching the festival come back to life. Then get the 10 o'clock bus into Shepton mallet on a drink run, fill the cool bag with cider and ice and back on site before midday ready to rock. 

Unfortunately I need a few hours more sleep these days so the other side of the coin is being in bed earlier more often than in the past. 

35 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

I had a baby last year. Thanks to her training me to live on minimal sleep, I think I'm going to easily smash Glastonbury. 

Good luck,

I thought that when my boy was young , went on a mental stag party, managed to sleep for 24 hours missing the entire first day. it was the first time in 18 months i had no one bothering me . 

best sleep ever

I'm off the naughties this year so not sure how long I'll end up staying up for as dance music really isn't my thing without assistance. Plan on venturing elsewhere post-headliner and checking out the green fields, cabaret etc.

I'm quite lucky in that I'm very much a get up and go person, so can easily get in at 5am, 6 hour kip and down for the first couple of acts. Fresh and Black tent is just superb for that.

I would like more but always find myself wide awake after about 4 hours regardless of how long ive been awake for previously. I will likely hit the sack about 6.30-7am thursday morning and be up again opening and beer by 10.30-11am. If i get to sleep about 3am ill be awake before 8am... its like a festival internal clock just cant sleep for any longer.  

I make up for it when i get home though and usually sleep for about 48 hours straight ha 

Around 3/4 hours, sometimes 5/6 depending on how tired I am after a long day. Have to be up for work at 5:30am and usually get back around 1/2. Doesn't leave much in the tank for the next day but adrenaline and alcohol usually gets me through apart from the monday where I was dead to the world last time. 

27 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

big_202833.jpg

They also do this one if on a tight budget. It's lighter and an easier shape to carry in, not as roomy as the pop up but still has the blackout.

Edited by alanr
typo