Do the Areas share line ups before they are published to avoid clashes?

e_p

I know that serious consideration is given to crowd control, hence why the secret park set (which many to believe is potential future headliners foals) is directly against liam gallagher on the pyramid which is bound to be huge. You often find the biggest acts up against each other to avoid dangerous crowds. As with the smaller stuff like the common and others (although i guess arcadia is not small) im not sure tbh sorry

Based on the number of clashes I have this year and the fact that some very similar artists are up against each other I'm going to say clearly not!

I imagine they may share when they have a big act and maybe ask stages to put some of their good stuff up against them to split the crowd but for the most part I'd say they probably work in isolation. You may get some minor tweaks in times now as a result but it's such a mammoth operation I can't see every stage going around to all the others to tell them. 

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

That Radiohead/Flaming Lips clash of 2017 shows that either they don't or that they do and are evil

Yes and there are similar clashes this year. 

Lizzo vs Janet Jackson

Janelle Monae vs Christine & The Queens

Idles vs Dream Wife 

A lot of acts with similar fan bases on at the same time. 

34 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I don't really buy the crowd control thing - the legend spot particularly suffers from overcrowding because it is rarely up against anything to match its stature. It's going to be carnage for Kylie, I expect.

I have at least a 2 way clash at the time that doesn't involve Kylie. This Is The Kit vs Fat White Family. 

the answer is: not really. The stages are sort-of in competition with each other, try to book the best line-up they can, and want to attract suitably sized crowds for their acts because the acts are good.

But if (say) Prince was headlining the Pyramid, I'm not sure West Holts would spunk its budget on its best-est headliner ever to be on at the same time. It couldn't compete.

Edited by eFestivals

7 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I have at least a 2 way clash at the time that doesn't involve Kylie. This Is The Kit vs Fat White Family. 

I like Fat White Family's singles/albums, but they do look a bit wasted/shit in the videos of their live performances- I also have a clash involving them, and after seeing some of those videos am minded to maybe not see them- can anyone who's actually been to a gig of there's give any more insight?

Possible me being naïve to the scale of organising Glastonbury but I had never thought of it being like that with stages responsible for booking their own line ups. Does anyone know more about how this works? Does Glastonbury festival have a pot of money and then each stage have a team, which gets allocated a budget then let loose to book acts? Interested to know if anyone knows more about this

5 minutes ago, Billjames7 said:

Possible me being naïve to the scale of organising Glastonbury but I had never thought of it being like that with stages responsible for booking their own line ups. Does anyone know more about how this works? Does Glastonbury festival have a pot of money and then each stage have a team, which gets allocated a budget then let loose to book acts? Interested to know if anyone knows more about this

yep, it's pretty much like that - lots of little empires.

14 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I like Fat White Family's singles/albums, but they do look a bit wasted/shit in the videos of their live performances- I also have a clash involving them, and after seeing some of those videos am minded to maybe not see them- can anyone who's actually been to a gig of there's give any more insight?

I believe they have cleaned up their act. I think they are all hard drug addicts https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/may/09/fat-white-family-every-one-of-us-had-a-hard-drug-or-drink-problem but they seem to be doing better. A friend went to see them recently and said they were fantastic. Obviously with addiction it could be hit or miss but seems like when they hit they are a treat to see live. 

26 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

They were completely trollied at the last Glasto.  The singer got his cock out on stage and started waving it around. 

Just seen them at APE last week and they were good.  No such shananigans. 

Edited by HotChipWillBreakYourLegs

39 minutes ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

They were completely trollied at the last Glasto.  The singer got his cock out on stage and started waving it around. 

Just seen them at APE last week and they were good.  No such shananigans. 

Thanks!- not so much bothered about him getting his nether regions out as long as they sound good (the band not his nether regions)

48 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I believe they have cleaned up their act. I think they are all hard drug addicts https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/may/09/fat-white-family-every-one-of-us-had-a-hard-drug-or-drink-problem but they seem to be doing better. A friend went to see them recently and said they were fantastic. Obviously with addiction it could be hit or miss but seems like when they hit they are a treat to see live. 

You have just made my decision more difficult!;)

5 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Sorry although welcome to my world for pretty much every hour of the day for the entire festival!!

I always find it funny when you spend the weeks leading up to the festival agonising over a clash, then on the day itself end up seeing neither!

2 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

Thanks!- not so much bothered about him getting his nether regions out as long as they sound good (the band not his nether regions)

Listen, if his nether regions can hold down a tune then im all for it