No hate for Worthy View this year?

e_p

I don’t see how anyone can hate on WV.

Its your festival to experience as you wish, if that means a tent ready made with showers and also a decent nights sleep then fair play.

Staying in CV this year but did WV in 2017. As a mum of 3 in her late 30’s I can’t do Festival’s like I used to. I need my sleep and creature comforts in order to be able to party these days. It was worth every penny ??

2 minutes ago, brandycoke said:

I don't think anyone hates it as such, but there are just too many good reasons not to camp there.

If part of it is about getting a good nights sleep, then there are plenty of areas within the main site that are probably better for that than Worthy View.

Russycarps hated it, trust me! :lol:

Some people naturally stress about things. For some having a pre pitched tent there for when they arrived is worth the money vs having to queue for hours and find somewhere suitable.

like most things we all stress about in life, the fear is generally always far greater than the reality, but it’s horses for courses isn’t it?

I personally don’t give a toss what people choose to do, there are pros and cons to both which naturally one person will place different weightings against to the next. 

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

It's because we've all seen this video. Now we just feel sorry for the people staying there.

And that's after you've already walked up to Pennard Hill Gate / Strummerville which is some climb in itself.

37 minutes ago, brandycoke said:

I don't think anyone hates it as such, but there are just too many good reasons not to camp there.

If part of it is about getting a good nights sleep, then there are plenty of areas within the main site that are probably better for that than Worthy View.

Because people also fly to the festival and it can be quite expensive to transport heavy camping gear on public transport. 

30 minutes ago, incident said:

It's because we've all seen this video. Now we just feel sorry for the people staying there.

And that's after you've already walked up to Pennard Hill Gate / Strummerville which is some climb in itself.

Petition to have steps on the hill outside gate C please, or even just a handrail. crawling up the hill of death at 4am is character building I guess, but if I could cling to a handrail all the way too, I'd be a lot happier about it :D

Worthy View is just convenient. Takes the stress out of the Wednesday arrival. If you go by car. Also if you end your night on the south side not a long walk home either, when infield I camp in Pylon which is literally miles away. The thing to avoid with WV is getting comfy, leave as soon as you can and get inside the fence. For me the main benefit is making Wednesday less of a chore, I like it. 

1 hour ago, incident said:

When I first went up to Strummerville in 2016 it seemed like a mountain - such hard work.  In 2017 it was a hop, skip and a jump.  Funny what a difference a dry year makes!

Anything other than a shell scrape with a poncho over the top and being bugged out at 4am by an NCO with an attitude problem is luxury as far as I’m concerned.?? It’s a festival, not the Somme, abusing people for what means of accommodation they choose is just bigotry.

11 hours ago, incident said:

It's honestly not that bad and doesn't take that long. If you finish your night in Shangri-La it's not even a long walk. 

2 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

It's honestly not that bad and doesn't take that long. If you finish your night in Shangri-La it's not even a long walk. 

And a bar at the top of the hill and a decent burger!  Returning to WV this year. Must admit we always enjoyed our usual spot in hitchin hill but arriving on site, car close by, easy access through gate, very little queues , great views over the festival all swung it this year. Last time we did it was 2016 and we were grateful not having to lug our gear through the mud to set up.  Probably getting old!!