Whose going?

ShakeyCrash

On 6/24/2019 at 10:39 PM, DomDom1984 said:

Since I'm now taking my nephew, Gerry Cinnamon is now an absolute for me.

Watched him at Trnsmt last weekend.

He went down a storm on the Thursday last year and has the perfect slot I reckon this year.

Will be bonkers. If anything he’d too long at Trnsmt.

Im sure your nephew and the rest of the young team will love him ?

3 hours ago, Scargilla said:

Not a headline act but Bin bag wisdom seem pretty fun. Also enjoyed listening to queen zee, plenty of energy and reckon they'll be good live

Watched Queen Zee at Stockton Calling they were nuts and very entertaining. I agree Binbag Wisdom sound decent and will be hoping to be in the Chai wallahs to catch them.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Working it this year, having been as a punter in 2008 and 2012.

Hitting the site today, am assuming it's changed a fair bit since last time I was there! 

Give us some on site updates please Paul. Ground conditions etc on Wednesday if you don’t mind. Are you the same Paul from BT? 

On 5/30/2019 at 7:12 PM, jamj said:

Doves were on top form at bearded theory last weekend, really enjoyed the set, won't be missing them for sure ?

I missed them and I have no idea who I saw! I don’t suppose you know who was on the woodlands stage at the same time?

and I’ll be missing them again to see IDLES

On 6/3/2019 at 9:06 PM, Simpo said:

It sounds to me like quite a few people who have posted in here would enjoy Our Fold, who have been going a while but just brought out their debut album.

Think Courteeners via James with a Foo Fighters big sound. 

I think they'll be on in the afternoon on the House Party stage. :)

Loving the sound of Our Fold, thanx for highlighting. But I can’t find where they are on the day/stage splits. 

10 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Loving the sound of Our Fold, thanx for highlighting. But I can’t find where they are on the day/stage splits. 

They got added when the full final lineup came out, believe they'll be on Friday afternoon, 2ish, House Party. x

Edited by Simpo

18 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

I missed them and I have no idea who I saw! I don’t suppose you know who was on the woodlands stage at the same time?

and I’ll be missing them again to see IDLES

No sure, my programme is knocking around somewhere but here's the clashfinder from that day.  

Screenshot_20190723_080144_com.android.chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, jamj said:

No sure, my programme is knocking around somewhere but here's the clashfinder from that day.  

Screenshot_20190723_080144_com.android.chrome.jpg

Yeah I was definitely in the woodlands. Imperial Leisure were my find this year. We all loved them so much we booked flights from Newcastle to see them in Bristol. Thanx ;) 

10 hours ago, Simpo said:

They got added when the full final lineup came out, believe they'll be on Friday afternoon, 2ish, House Party. x

And thanx to you too Simpo!

two from the undercard from me:

Lake Poets - haunting working class folk from a lad from Sunderland - recently famed for one of his songs is used on the opening credits to the Netflix series 'Sunderland till i die' - but he has been around for years

Saytr Play - young band from manchester i think, only ended up following them cos about 7 year ago i was at Kendal Calling and got friendly with the neighbours on the camp site, who ended up being the lead singer in this band. they are canny

Wowzers. I loved that weekend. Going to try and cover as much ground as possible. I'll start with the music and move on from there.

* The Cuban Brothers: What the fuck?

* Gomez: Was nice to hear a lot of that album live. Especially Rhythm and Blues Alibi which was a favourite of mines years ago. Couple of favourites missing but given it's an album tour, that was always likely so not bothered. And they covered most bases.

* Orbital: Great first headliner. Bit repetitive at times but a minor gripe. Minor enough to have them outside of my favourite acts though.

* Arkells: Absolutely great fun. Enjoyed the conga, and outside of that, he was a superb frontman. I hope they break through in a big way over here so as I can see them at a properly great gig.

* Only the Poets: A great wee gem from the weekend which we sort of just stumbled onto. Set picked up more energy as it went on and they seemed to really enjoy the reception they were getting.

* The Big Moon: No thanks.

* The Pigeon Detectives: Think the lively crowd helped this one. A very good set.

* Miles Kane: Fucking great. Appreciate him wearing a The Rock shirt. Much respect. Not sure how I feel about the brand new song at this point but the set was mostly great. Don't Forget Who You Are is an absolute banger and a half.

* Years and Years: Caught a wee bit of them and they were fine. Actually wish I'd stuck around and watched the rest of them because...

* The Joy Formidable: This lot were a sore disappointment. They lost a lot of the more appealing aspects of their sound in this show and the drums were just too loud for it. Huge disappointment from someone who I was really looking forward to.

* Chic and Nile Rodgers: So thankfully this lot were really fucking great, delivering the hits all over the shop.

* Red Rum Club: Damn fine set. Love the wee latin touch to their music.

* The Subways: Not amazing, but I got a fair bit of enjoyment out of them. As they said, they were just battering through the set at a rate of knots and it was fun.

* Cassia: Went to this on the say so of my nephew, and they were really good. Put me in mind of Vampire Weekend which is no bad thing.

* Gerry Cinnamon: YES! I was left gobsmacked by how entertaining that set was. The entire crowd was going wild for it, which was amazing to see, and "Canter" sent the place into all sorts of shapes. Outstanding set.

* Manic Street Preachers: I've seen them put in a couple of shocking festival performances and thankfully this wasn't one of those. Think they appreciated anyone being there given the mud, and seemed to be into it. It's always good to see them belt out the hits.

* IDLES: The intensity even during the soundcheck was great, so the set had to deliver. And by fuck, did it deliver. They just unleashed hell right from the word go and the fans were loving it. Think someone on here said their shows depend on what the crowd's like, and this crowd were into it.

* The Snuts: Another one I seen on the say so of the nephew, and again, I was glad I seen them. I wasn't THAT impressed by them on Spotify but they came across brilliantly on the live stage. One to keep an eye on I think.

* The Lancashire Hotpots: Only seen a short bit of their set, but it was enough to keep me happy. If I go back, I'll probably make sure I catch more of them.

* Sophie and the Giants: Nope.

* Don Broco: Brilliant and energetic stuff.

* The Fratellis: I don't know why I fucking bothered with this lot tbh. I knew they'd be shit. They were shit. That's pretty much how it goes.

* Rival Sons: Still not a fan admittedly, but enjoyed listening to the singer. Some set of lungs on that lad.

* Tom Jones: Massively disappointed in that set.

* Courteeners: This was pretty much what I was hoping for from the set. A cracking crowd and a cracking set filled with great live songs.

OTHER STUFF:

* Chris Betts vs. The Audience: Enjoyed this immensly. Especially the wee lassie who decided she wanted a go, and then turned out to be the worst participant ever.

* Lucha Britannia: I enjoyed the tag team matches. The live commentary was crass at times, but raised a few laughs. Some great heel work by one of the teams on the Sunday as well.

* Paul Smith: Outstanding work. He's just absolutely relentless on everybody.

* Reginald D. Hunter: Not a fan at all.

* Oh My God! It's the Church!: Only caught a small bit of this, but fucking hell. Canny help being entertained by that sort of shit.

Also did the Indie Disco on the Friday night and the Silent Disco on the Sunday. Both of which were great fun.

Just a great weekend.