Annoying Act Placements

FuzzyDunlop

I live in hope that the Miley and Billie thing will be addressed. It's such a glaring issue, particularly after the Big Weekend. Both were must see for me beforehand, but I think they've shot up a lot of people's list since.

I'll never moan about clashes - it's part and parcel of a festival and I'm fine having to choose between Tame Impala/Interpol and Janelle/Chris. In this case, though, I feel like there must be a way to free up 15 minutes between the two. The rush between the two stages could be dangerous and there's a real risk of either a mass walk out during Miley or Billie starting to a tiny crowd. Fingers crossed they can address this one.

The Miley/Billie/VW runaround is highly annoying, but also King Princess being on the Park (16:45-17:45) and Gabrielle Aplin on the Acoustic (17:25-18:10) on Friday evening is also highly annoying for me as I love both.  How quickly can I get to the Acoustic from the Park? Just debating whether or not I should leave KP early and catch half of both.

6 minutes ago, Livvy13 said:

The Miley/Billie/VW runaround is highly annoying, but also King Princess being on the Park (16:45-17:45) and Gabrielle Aplin on the Acoustic (17:25-18:10) on Friday evening is also highly annoying for me as I love both.  How quickly can I get to the Acoustic from the Park? Just debating whether or not I should leave KP early and catch half of both.

It’s all downhill, but a long way. Someone on here has posted a “time between stages” reference chart in previous years, which I found very helpful. And have now lost. Anyone? 

3 minutes ago, Livvy13 said:

The Miley/Billie/VW runaround is highly annoying, but also King Princess being on the Park (16:45-17:45) and Gabrielle Aplin on the Acoustic (17:25-18:10) on Friday evening is also highly annoying for me as I love both.  How quickly can I get to the Acoustic from the Park?

If you're really lucky with traffic, ground conditions, etc, call it 30 minutes. Would usually be more than that though, potentially a lot more.

4 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

It’s all downhill, but a long way. Someone on here has posted a “time between stages” reference chart in previous years, which I found very helpful. And have now lost. Anyone? 

Ask and ye shall receive. Although this is before JPT got moved. 

BE8992A8-71B7-494D-8CAD-B5603B558111.jpeg

Edited by TKOCF
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jparx said:

I live in hope that the Miley and Billie thing will be addressed. It's such a glaring issue, particularly after the Big Weekend. Both were must see for me beforehand, but I think they've shot up a lot of people's list since.

I'll never moan about clashes - it's part and parcel of a festival and I'm fine having to choose between Tame Impala/Interpol and Janelle/Chris. In this case, though, I feel like there must be a way to free up 15 minutes between the two. The rush between the two stages could be dangerous and there's a real risk of either a mass walk out during Miley or Billie starting to a tiny crowd. Fingers crossed they can address this one.

Is it really that different to the kind of the situation we get every year at Glastonbury? I'm sure we could pick out several examples of similar artists with only a small gap between them. In terms of being dangerous, it'll be nothing on the rush to get into the Pyramid field between Biffy and Ed Sheeran, that was insane (I was trying to escape). The numbers will be much smaller.

I wonder if the hours gap in between Y&Y and Kylie is a gap for David Attenborough? In the midst of the lineup drop I'd forgotten he was supposed to be a special guest. Sunday afternoon would be perfect time for him. 

Two annoyances, without being direct clashes:

1. Why does The Park sub start precisely when the other main stage headliners finish?? Not only do I have to somehow pick between Hopkins/Interpol/Stormzy/Tame Imapala....but I'm going to have to miss most/all of Micheal Kiwanuka if I want to get a good spot. I dont see the logic!

2. An obscure one -

They've flown this dude Gasper Nali over from Malawi with his bonkers instrument to play two sets:

And then stuck him on both times late night, and both in the SE corner! Surely he needs to be on in daylight, and not hidden away in the depths of the post-midnight rum shack

Edited by Sasperella

24 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Is it really that different to the kind of the situation we get every year at Glastonbury? I'm sure we could pick out several examples of similar artists with only a small gap between them. In terms of being dangerous, it'll be nothing on the rush to get into the Pyramid field between Biffy and Ed Sheeran, that was insane (I was trying to escape). The numbers will be much smaller.

No, it's a fairly typical Glastonbury thing to do, and there are probably plenty other examples from previous years. Just strikes me as particularly strange given how much buzz they both have right now. Just because it's been done before doesn't mean we shouldn't call it out.

18 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Bastille.

I want to watch Sheryl Crow. I want to watch Lauryn Hill, but I wont under any circumstances be watching Bastille. 

What to do for an hour or so?

Drink enough to make them entertaining. Takes a lot of work, but it is achievable.

Disclaimer: what happens to the rest of your day after that is in no way my fault

24 minutes ago, jparx said:

No, it's a fairly typical Glastonbury thing to do, and there are probably plenty other examples from previous years. Just strikes me as particularly strange given how much buzz they both have right now. Just because it's been done before doesn't mean we shouldn't call it out.

Call it out? It’s not actually gonna be dangerous, like. Seems like a real and ultimately unnecessary thing on eFests to speculate on the genuine physical harm of lineup placements.

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

Two annoyances, without being direct clashes:

1. Why does The Park sub start precisely when the other main stage headliners finish?? Not only do I have to somehow pick between Hopkins/Interpol/Stormzy/Tame Imapala....but I'm going to have to miss most/all of Micheal Kiwanuka if I want to get a good spot. I dont see the logic!

2. An obscure one -

They've flown this dude Gasper Nali over from Malawi with his bonkers instrument to play two sets:

And then stuck him on both times late night, and both in the SE corner! Surely he needs to be on in daylight, and not hidden away in the depths of the post-midnight rum shack

Let's see him lug that massive fucker all the way up the hill to the Crow's Nest for a day time slot.