Annoying Act Placements

FuzzyDunlop

38 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Imma be nowhere near it, but i predict universal apathy for 95% of the set, followed by a modicum of interest when they play that ‘lay your hands’ hit. 

Imagine that though, imagine being the person who finishes their festival with that. Not with Janelle, Not with Chris, Not with Rex Orange County, Not even with The Streets, but with bloody Reef. I’d be taking down fucking names, I tell you. 

37 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Paging @Gnomicide

Saw them at Bearded on Saturday. They were pretty good to be fair, for the main part though there's something missing from most of their stuff, a spark.

Finished with a good stab at Stay With Me though.

4 hours ago, TheSheriff said:

Really gutted about Sheryl Crow Pyramid 14.30 - 15.30 and Lukas Nelson Park 15.15 - 16.15. Due to the distance between the two stages can’t jump between the two and catch the start of Sheryl.... My man Lukas is gonna win out thoughts 

15 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

Gojira finishing 23.10, Frank Turner starting 23.05...

waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!! ?

Double bugger.

My biggest problem seems to be The Cat Empire. Clash with Chemical Brothers but I also get the chance to see them on the morning and sack the Proclaimers off. I just think there evening set will be better, be a better atmosphere, they'll be better in a tent, better after a load of beer and not trying to recovery drink through them.

if I leave it late I could watch 40 mins of Chems and trek over but at that time after what Ive likely drank, could be disastrous. Also have the option of doing 30/40 mins of Hawkwind before heading to Chems and staying there if I do Cat Empire on the morning.

Decisions.

8 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The Miley Cyrus -> Billie Eilish near overlap is a wholesale bummer.

Im honestly shook, they're two of my must sees. At least they're not an outright clash?

8 hours ago, Keithy said:

It is very bizarre... a classic Glastonbury weird booking move. Either Billie is going to start to a thin field or Miley will finish to a thining field. These two must have one of the biggest crowd crossovers of all acts...so to put them back to back on stages that are a 20 minute battle through crowds is bizarre. 

Can't for the life of me think why they have chosen to do that.

For me, it's Miley that loses out. Will slip away in time to get a good spot for Billie so Miley better front load the bangers.

It's going to be a shit show trying to get over. Im already anxious about it. I'll slip out early also and try to catch the start of Billie. If it's a muddy year im bringing a jetpack. 

That Sunday afternoon is rammed like no other part of the festival, for me. Loads of near-clashes that will mean I can't enjoy a full set without missing the start (and a good spot in the crowd) for someone else.

• Jeff Goldblum (2-3pm, WH)
  • Kylie (3:45-5pm, P)
  • Miley (5:45-6:45pm, P)
  • Billie Eilish (6:45-7:45. O)
  • Dave (8:15-9:15pm, O)
  • Janelle Monae (9:45-11:15pm, WH)

So if I want a decent spot for Kylie, I'll have to leave before Goldblum has finished. I'll only be able to catch the start of Miley before winging it to Other for Billie Eilish, and I'll need to disappear before Dave's set has ended to get a good spot for Janelle.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Bastille.

I want to watch Sheryl Crow. I want to watch Lauryn Hill, but I wont under any circumstances be watching Bastille. 

What to do for an hour or so?

If they just stopped repeating every line, as Bastille love to do, their set could be half as long.

8 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Gonna be you and @Mardy starting a pit.

Hehehe, I tell you what, I get a lot of (deserved) grief, but I stand by them, 8 or 9 great tracks and 'Come of Age' is a really solid guitar pop album. Not listened to the last album, but yeah, I'll be there for them, i think.

57 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Ive just realized Billie also overlaps with VW. ?

Im going to be running back and forth!

I strongly advise against running back and forth ! You end up not seeing anything but spending your time between stages and missing everything. Yes there are clashes but you will just need to go with the flow. at changeover times the “flow” can be a log jam and take twice as long to get to where you are going and if you get there chances are it will be packed! Decisions decisions!! 

30 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Hehehe, I tell you what, I get a lot of (deserved) grief, but I stand by them, 8 or 9 great tracks and 'Come of Age' is a really solid guitar pop album. Not listened to the last album, but yeah, I'll be there for them, i think.

To be fair I watched them 1 year knowing very little about them and enjoyed it.