Staying up

BAKE

Does anyone have any tips for staying up late without any 'assistance'? I used to do the messy carry on and stay up partying a couple of nights in a row, but the thought of all that now makes me feel a bit queasy! The last few festivals I've been at I've really struggled after about 11 and usually went to bed before 12. I'd love to stay up til 4-5am even just one night.

Was thinking caffeine tablets, does anyone have any experience with them? Or would they be much the same as a few strong coffees?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, BAKE said:

Does anyone have any tips for staying up late without any 'assistance'? I used to do the messy carry on and stay up partying a couple of nights in a row, but the thought of all that now makes me feel a bit queasy! The last few festivals I've been at I've really struggled after about 11 and usually went to bed before 12. I'd love to stay up til 4-5am even just one night.

Was thinking caffeine tablets, does anyone have any experience with them? Or would they be much the same as a few strong coffees?

Hi honey! x

?

• Upvote 2

Just now, Mezhyp1 said:

If you had time for an hour nap in the afternoon, that could recharge the batteries 

Yep certainly a Disco nap will help. Food can also keep you going but I would go for some strong coffee a bit of will power and then maybe when you are in full swing you will forget the time.

I am also interested in this subject. I’m going to try my absolute best to take it easy Wednesday and Thursday (will probably fail miserably). Would be great to wake up feeling semi human on the Friday.

TBH with you it get to the point with me where the class A’s don’t even work like they used to, god I wish I was still a 20 years old, took it all for granted back then.

29 minutes ago, BAKE said:

I find (and this is at home too), I am very susceptible to sleep between 11pm and midnight- if I push through that, and resist the temptation, then for some reason I get a second wind after midnight- probably something to do with sleep hormone levels or something. The key thing is that sleepiness tends to hit you in waves.

If you're trying to stay awake without chemicals, I think the key is external stimulus- so if you see a great band or act, then it gives you a boost. Moving around also helps. Sitting in one spot when ready to doze off is the enemy!

I must admit though, as I get older I do find it harder to stay awake as late as I would like when at glastonbury- an added problem for me is I tend to wake up early and once I'm awake can't get back to sleep. I'm very jealous of those who can sleep in past 10am or 11am!

36 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

If you had time for an hour nap in the afternoon, that could recharge the batteries 

A nap in the afternoon is never something I'd consider unless completely unavoidable. If I have been drinking and go for a nap I'll wake up and all my drinking will have gone to waste. 

Have used gym preworkout stuff as a substitute before to keep going

This stuff gives u a great buzz ?

https://www.musclerage.co.uk/products/limitless?gclid=CjwKCAjw27jnBRBuEiwAdjQXDH89_H6bRBickY7uZBZA8xIC4QgpyAl0Gyt5lsXpnQ2_ihrZtn65YRoCCRwQAvD_BwE&variant=12772129079369

Its really just 450mg of caffeine 

Edited by GWR

20 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Don’t look at the time, if you aren’t feeling an act move on keep busy and time will fly. 

often find when I am down there that is it. I go the Monday before and always say I will have a couple of early nights. But by the time I have had food then out for just a few beers with mates it quickly becomes 1am

1 hour ago, BAKE said:

cocaine

Edit: I mean pro plus works wonders

Edited by jow95

My "real life" routine forces me to be at work at 6:30 every day, which makes it very difficult to stay up late. Even when the festival comes around, my sleep pattern is so out of sync, that I'm ready for bed once the headliners finish.
Unfortunately, I don't have any tips for you with regards to staying up... But I can offer the kind reassurance that if you get up at 6am in the morning at the festival, it is one of the most surreal, serene and incredible things walking round the site with hardly anybody else around, and minimal noise. I happened to wake up that early a few times in 2017, and didn't venture very far. However, if it happens again this year, I'm going to do a walk of the whole site and take everything in.