Walking times between stages

Airlie

4 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Hot Chip finish at 12.15am and Bicep begin at 1am.

Can I get from The Park to The Gas Tower In this time? 

With the gas tower being in Shangri la, you've got little to no chance unless you break in.

Edit: Not probably. Almost certainly zero chance.

Edited by T-Mouse

4 minutes ago, T-Mouse said:

With the gas tower being in Shangri la, you've got little to no chance unless you break in.

Edit: Not probably. Almost certainly zero chance.

I didn’t think so. Thanks for confirming. 

Saturday night is now up in the air. 

15 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Probably not. At 12:30-1 Saturday night you’ll hit probably the biggest SE Corner rush of the weekend.

3 hours ago, nikkic said:

Lots have said no, but you might have a chance. I hot-footed it straight to the SEC after Flaming Lips on the Friday last time and waltzed straight in. Go past the tipis, into the bottom of the Stones' field and through the Greenfields. You'll need boots not wellies.

(Saturday will be busier though).

Just now, Fishman said:

Lots have said no, but you might have a chance. I hot-footed it straight to the SEC after Flaming Lips on the Friday last time and waltzed straight in. Go past the tipis, into the bottom of the Stones' field and through the Greenfields. You'll need boots not wellies.

(Saturday will be busier though).

Won’t need either, it’s going to be dry! 

Thanks though, in two minds as to what to do. Hot Chip finishing later than the other headliners poses a problem. 

Only been to Glasto once before, and only tried to get to the SEC once too. After Radiohead, we went back to our tents in Michael's Mead for 10 or so minutes then headed over and got in pretty easily. I've read that it's meant to get pretty crowded though - was this just a fluke?

Wondering because I think I'm leaning towards Interpol on the Friday but might do Tame Impala instead because it's a bit closer. Will I have problems getting to the SEC if I'm headed there from the JP headliner?

On 5/31/2019 at 8:45 PM, tarw said:

Pyramid is far too vague. Inner circle in the middle of a headline set, on the side by the cider bus, right at the back of the field by Pilton palace, next to the mixing desk, by the Mandela bar. We need a more comprehensive grid

Besides, if I'm reading it right, it says it's the same amount of time to get from Park to Pyramid as Park to Other - 15 mins.  Unless that's using the newly installed Wormhole, I can't see how they can be the same. It's never 15 mins to the Pyramid, surely?

18 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Besides, if I'm reading it right, it says it's the same amount of time to get from Park to Pyramid as Park to Other - 15 mins.  Unless that's using the newly installed Wormhole, I can't see how they can be the same. It's never 15 mins to the Pyramid, surely?

Doesn't it say 30 minutes Park to Pyramid, and 15 minutes for Park to Other? 

Unsure which thread to put this in however I will be one of the people that will be going from Liam Gallagher on the pyramid to Courteeners on the other stage and then back to the pyramid for The Killers. In an ideal world I want to see the full sets of LG and Courteeners and I don't mind missing the start of The Killers. I just want to know if I'm looking at the pyramid stage which side of the stage should I watch LG and where is the quickest exit route & how many songs before LG finishes should I be aiming to be near the exit of the pyramid field if that makes sense. Any help on this would be appreciated!

46 minutes ago, foolee said:

Unsure which thread to put this in however I will be one of the people that will be going from Liam Gallagher on the pyramid to Courteeners on the other stage and then back to the pyramid for The Killers. In an ideal world I want to see the full sets of LG and Courteeners and I don't mind missing the start of The Killers. I just want to know if I'm looking at the pyramid stage which side of the stage should I watch LG and where is the quickest exit route & how many songs before LG finishes should I be aiming to be near the exit of the pyramid field if that makes sense. Any help on this would be appreciated!

If you stand near the Cider Bus and don't dawdle you can make it pretty easily up to the Other in 15 minutes.

On 6/6/2019 at 4:58 PM, nikkic said:

As long as the queues are moving you should be able to do that in 45 minutes. The problem will be the various pinch points that will occur on the way as people exit all the other main stages and spread out towards the SE Corner, Pangea and the Glade. I think you'd be cutting fine if you wanted to be there dead on 1am though.

On 6/6/2019 at 6:51 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Are you wearing walking boots or wellies? If it's the latter then double it.

Absolute nonsense, what a strange thing to say.

No reason for it to take longer in wellies unless your wellies don't fit. If anything it'd take me longer in walking boots if the mud kept seeping into them and the laces came undone :)

4 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

No reason for it to take longer in wellies unless your wellies don't fit. If anything it'd take me longer in walking boots if the mud kept seeping into them and the laces came undone :)

What walking boots do you have? Any that have laces that come undone because of some mud must be poor. Plus if you have a decent sized boot no mud would come over the top. Boots sorted me out in 16 other than the massive watery mud puddles but you didnt need to walk through them to get anywhere

9 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

The mud glues your laces on. The only "advantage" of 2016 was that I didn't need to retie them.

4 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

What walking boots do you have? Any that have laces that come undone because of some mud must be poor. Plus if you have a decent sized boot no mud would come over the top. Boots sorted me out in 16 other than the massive watery mud puddles but you didnt need to walk through them to get anywhere

Walking boots shouldn't really slow you down as the laces will rarely come undone and if you've got expensive ones they might be 100% waterproof. That was not my point really, the point was that they had as much potential to slow you down as getting your wellies stuck, i.e. very little

The only fair comparison is a well made, well fitting pair of wellies versus a well made, well fitting pair of walking boots. There's no godly reason why a decent pair of wellies whould slow you down as they're effectively the same thing as waterproof walking boots.

15 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Sure. No-one's wellies ever get sucked off in the mud, whereas muddy laces reduce you to the speed of a snail.

You'll see more photos of people getting stuck in wellies because more people wear them. Sure there were plenty of people getting stuck in walking boots. This really is a dumb argument.

Oh, and a friend of mine did 2016 just in walking boots. He was very proud of this fact until he had to borrow my wellies to get back to the bus stop on Sunday night :D

Edited by bombfrog