Walking times between stages

Airlie

I think there's scope for a much more complex one of these that takes into account the route and whether it takes you past either small stages / risers where something interesting might be happening, or past particularly toothsome food spots.

Ain't no way I'm walking past Mac & Cheese without breaking stride :D

1 minute ago, Quark said:

I think there's scope for a much more complex one of these that takes into account the route and whether it takes you past either small stages / risers where something interesting might be happening, or past particularly toothsome food spots.

Ain't no way I'm walking past Mac & Cheese without breaking stride :D

well volunteered :) 

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

You misunderstand the nature of how I do things sir. As with most things I spot the possible, and then let other better men actually do the work.

I do marvel at some of the talents on this forum ... I mean I never would have been able to do that sideways looking dog thing :) 

Pyramid is far too vague. Inner circle in the middle of a headline set, on the side by the cider bus, right at the back of the field by Pilton palace, next to the mixing desk, by the Mandela bar. We need a more comprehensive grid

On 5/29/2019 at 3:56 PM, briddj said:

Could really do with an updated version of this - it's quite old now. I don't have the skills.

Nothings really moved very much though, so what would you update?  Mind you those timings are very optimistic.  I'd call them best-case scenarios. 

as the majority of people at the festival will have a phone capable of doing a step tracker, perhaps this year is could be crowd sourced ready for next year?

eg, if I'm at acoustic and i'm heading for other, I could track steps/time, if enough people did this, a reasonable average could be generated.

disclaimer: I am not going to organise this :D

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

You can do WG to Pyramid field in 2/3 minutes if the ground is good, just walk through the market towards the Cider Bus. You can hear the Pyramid as soon as you're clear of WG.

Agreed, I did (old position) John Peel to WG in about 7 minutes in 2015 after a rapid change of plans. Always thought that chart was extremely over-inflated.

1 minute ago, The Martini Police said:

Realistically, if I get a pace on, what do we think about the Park to John Peel? And would you go through the dance village or down the Pyramid path (Liam Gallagher will have just started). This if it is indeed Foals in that TBA of course.

Depends how quickly you can get out of the crowd leaving the Park, a clear run down past the Other and through the market is probably 10 minutes max. The problem will be getting caught if everyone leaves the Park at the same time as you as the paths down to the Other fill up and slow you down.

16 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The problem will be getting caught if everyone leaves the Park at the same time as you as the paths down to the Other fill up and slow you down...

...then you just automatically fall in line with The Trudge, the footfall sound of wellie boot rubber soles on corrugated trackway.

Just now, Woffy said:

...then you just automatically fall in line with The Trudge, the footfall sound of wellie boot rubber soles on corrugated trackway.

It's a sound as fundamentally Glastonbury as the clanging of the long drops or someone complaining about a flag in front of them.

1 hour ago, whateverman said:

Nothings really moved very much though, so what would you update?  Mind you those timings are very optimistic.  I'd call them best-case scenarios. 

Some just aren't right. It doesn't take 15 minutes to walk from the Meeting Point to the Pyramid. And that's just one.

2007 - Sunday night in the mud 

Camp Site at Big Ground above Pyramid Stage to Other Stage to watch The Chems 

60 mins 

Going back was even worse !