Clashes

fred quimby

25 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Select few of us on here who are pretty hyped for that set. Gonna be mental, and hopefully not too packed with them being on at headliner time. 

It’ll be a bummer to miss Tame Impala who I’m sure will be excellent, but it looks like they’re touring near enough the same set as when they played the Pyramid in 2016 so I’m not overly arsed about missing it really. My interest in them has waned the further they’ve strayed from their early psychedelic/rock sound. 

yeah couldn't agree more.

Hopefully the clashes are a blessing rather than a curse. As long as it's not completely empty of course. I've been watching their set at Pol'and'Rock daily in preperation

1 hour ago, HeyPorter said:

Was gutted about this too and thought maybe could catch a bit of Sig but Sharon wins out and don’t wanna miss a second of her. 

Sigrid all the way for me, except my clash was with Neneh Cherry.  Been playing Sucker Punch a LOT last couple of weeks, really looking forward to it :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HeyPorter said:

Was gutted about this too and thought maybe could catch a bit of Sig but Sharon wins out and don’t wanna miss a second of her. 

I've actually just remembered I have a ticket to see Sharon Van Etten in Cambridge on the Monday night after Glastonbury so although I will no doubt be dead, at least I won't miss seeing her entirely.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The first line to that review was pretty much my husband when he saw her. He'd heard her music but only a little when I played it but he just thought she was fantastic live despite not really knowing her. 

On 5/30/2019 at 5:44 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

The Rosalia / Lauryn Hill Clashtastrophe is continuing to bite.

Which way are you swaying, CalGon? Or too early to say / make a decision on the day?

I’ve already decided I’m there. And I’ve got you to thank for pointing me in her direction. 

I’m also gonna stick around the JPT for Aurora too, I think. 

Dunno man. Dunno.  It's a bummer. 

On the one hand Miseducation is a classic....but Lozza's flakey live rep precedes her, if she even shows up. 

Rosalia is clearly a queen going places, but is stranded in a Brexit wasteland between The Twang and Viva Brother and could die on her jacksie because she's singing in Spanish to a bunch of Wellends.

In short, Bastille and Tom Odell can fuck the fuck off and they put Rosalia and The Comet Is Coming on the Pymild and give everyone a solid run of four on the bounce.

14 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Dunno man. Dunno.  It's a bummer. 

On the one hand Miseducation is a classic....but Lozza's flakey live rep precedes her, if she even shows up. 

Rosalia is clearly a queen going places, but is stranded in a Brexit wasteland between The Twang and Viva Brother and could die on her jacksie because she's singing in Spanish to a bunch of Wellends.

In short, Bastille and Tom Odell can fuck the fuck off and they put Rosalia and The Comet Is Coming on the Pymild and give everyone a solid run of four on the bounce.

Ms Hill CANNOT (will not, surely) flake a Pymild slot up - she may very well have a minor regard for the G, but 'her people' will must've impressed upon her how a late-show will be very public here whatwiv TV coverage an' all. Although she probly doesn't give a fuck.

I think she'll be on time and on form.

Rosalia - I think she got enough fans that'll be in attendance and - language understood or not - she'll smash it. As will Aurora.  

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I liked her first album, the second one less and the third one even less. Would still like to see her live (she clashed last time she played at Glastonbury and I missed her), but she clashes with the cure... can’t decide

1 hour ago, Peanut butter vibes said:

I don’t want to sound like too much of a fiend with this but, hypothetically speaking, if party substances were to be consumed on the Friday evening, would you go for Impala or Hopkins?

Don’t think you can lose either way. Tame Impala light show will be immense. Jopkins is the more electronic so a more natural fit.

Who do you like more? Go based on that.

i love both but think I’m ending up at Tame.

Enjoy.

On 5/29/2019 at 2:32 PM, found home in 2009 said:

Frank Turner v Tame Impala 
The Proclaimers v The Burning Hell (I must be only one to have a clash so early in the day!)
Lizzo v Foals (if they are the TBA)
Lauryn Hill vs The Comet is Coming
Chemicals v Hot Chip
Rex Orange County v C &TQ v the Streets v The Cure (reckon I'll watch rex orange county then get the end of Christine unless my gf really wants to see the Cure)

I have a three way clash at 12.30 on Sunday!

41 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I kinda felt like I was doing someone’s never ending dissertation questionnaire. 

With some major development it could be quite handy. 

Select your stages at the beginning (I'm not choosing anyone on Sonic over anyone else), select a time slot, work your way through and get some sort of output with your final choices.

On 5/30/2019 at 2:48 PM, Rogbrebnyak said:

Yep same...i'm surprised the Gojira set doesn't get mentioned more in this forum. Think it's nailed on to be one of the best sets of the weekend. 

Already seeing them the Monday after in Glastonbury but i think Glasto will be special. 

I'll be watching IDLES on the Park then sacking everything else off to get straight over to the SEC to get a front row view. It's gonna be fantastic.

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers