Clashes

fred quimby

Sunday is a nightmare! The Loyle Carner & Billie Ellish v Miley & Vampire Weekend is a horror show. Then Janelle v CATQ v The Streets v The Cure clash is unforgiving as a lot of the main stage Friday and Saturday headliners I'm not bothered about. But its Glastonbury so c'est la vie

My friend won't be happy with Chems and Camelphat clashing. He has tried to see Camelphat 4 times and failed, so that'll be 5 in June! 

IDLES vs. Let's Eat Grandma (but at least with the 2am set afterwards I should catch them...)

Jeff Goldblum vs. Babymetal 

Chems vs. DJ Yoda

There's plenty more to be honest, but nothing overly horrendous. It will be when I factor in other people in my group though. I'm already pretty sure I'll be on my own Friday evening till the early hours!

Edited by vintagelaureate

The clashes a bit weird for me, there are so many with some of my favourite bands, Tame, the Chems, The Cure to name a few. I have however seen them all a number of times. It’s Weird because by default as they’re some of my favourite acts, I prefer and actively listen to them over some of the other acts they clash against... but some of these acts are acts I’ve never seen. Do you go with a banker and something you know you love (but have experienced before) or go with something new. It’s a fucker either way.

9 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

My friend won't be happy with Chems and Camelphat clashing. He has tried to see Camelphat 4 times and failed, so that'll be 5 in June! 

IDLES vs. Let's Eat Grandma (but at least with the 2am set afterwards I should catch them...)

Jeff Goldblum vs. Babymetal 

Chems vs. DJ Yoda

There's plenty more to be honest, but nothing overly horrendous. It will be when I factor in other people in my group though. I'm already pretty sure I'll be on my own Friday evening till the early hours!

Agreee on IDLES Vs Let’s Eat Grandma

How easy is it to get into the rabbit hole?

39 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

Agreee on IDLES Vs Let’s Eat Grandma

How easy is it to get into the rabbit hole?

Well, on past experience, not easy at all. I’ve never managed it. The queue has always looked about an hour long to me ?. And I really want to see Let’s Eat Grandma. 

Ignoring the fact that it’s moved this year so could be totally different - does anyone know what the set up is in there, ie do we think that both the Let’s Eat Grandma sets will be live (obvs the WG one will be)? I had previously thought that the rabbit hole was just for DJs?

36 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Well, on past experience, not easy at all. I’ve never managed it. The queue has always looked about an hour long to me ?. And I really want to see Let’s Eat Grandma. 

Ignoring the fact that it’s moved this year so could be totally different - does anyone know what the set up is in there, ie do we think that both the Let’s Eat Grandma sets will be live (obvs the WG one will be)? I had previously thought that the rabbit hole was just for DJs?

The Rabbit Hole listings are for the Rabbit Hole main stage. This is the 4 brown tipis that you can just walk in and out of. It is usually band, DJ, band etc. IE the DJ plays during band change overs. Plenty of room and no queues. The prettiest venue on site. Lovely cocktails etc. It’s cool. Sometimes big bands play under a fake name so if you haven’t heard of them.....?  The idea being you never know what to expect when you fall down the Rabbit Hole. 

The Rabbit Hole also has a tunnel system that contains several tents and secrets attractions.   This is open from dusk and people will queue to enter as it’s more popular than the size. The door is therefore managed. Inside the tunnels, the main venue is called Funkingham (or Fuckingham) Palace and DJs play there. Often very famous ones. The program for this is mostly secret. The idea being you never know what to expect when you fall down the Rabbit Hole. 

Let’s Eat Grandma is a fantastic booking  for the main stage it and I’ll definitely see you there!!

Edited by ian the worm
  • Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

The Rabbit Hole listings are for the Rabbit Hole main stage. This is the 4 brown tipis that you can just walk in and out of. It is usually band, DJ, band etc. IE the DJ plays during band change overs. Plenty of room and no queues. The prettiest venue on site. Lovely cocktails etc. It’s cool. 

The Rabbit Hole also has a tunnel system that contains several tents and secrets attractions.   This is open from dusk and people will queue to enter as it’s more popular than the size. The door is therefore managed. Inside the tunnels, the main venue is called Funkingham Palace and DJs play there. Often very famous ones. The program for this is mostly secret. The idea being you never know what to expect when you fall down the Rabbit Hole. 

Let’s Eat Grandma is a fantastic booking and I’ll see you there!!

Ah thanks Ian the worm, that’s great info! I hadn’t appreciated the difference between the Rabbit Hole and Funkingham Palace (having never been in either), so it sounds like we’ll deffo be able to get in to see Let’s Eat Grandma. And great cocktails too! Super excited for this now! See you there!!

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Ah thanks Ian the worm, that’s great info! I hadn’t appreciated the difference between the Rabbit Hole and Funkingham Palace (having never been in either), so it sounds like we’ll deffo be able to get in to see Let’s Eat Grandma. And great cocktails too! Super excited for this now! See you there!!

Yes thank you that is very helpful.

This probably also helps Fontaines DC fans as they play at 3am on the Sunday. 

@ Phoenix Girl - given Fontaines DC are plating same venue I can't see it as anything other then a live set for Let's Eat Grandma

Chems vs Hot Chip

2 of my favourite live acts. I am thinking of doing 45 mins - 1 hour of Chems with some mates, then legging it to the Park to do 45 mins - 1 hour of Hot hip with other mates (should be able to sneak through the crowd to find them if I am alone).

Is this a stupid idea or should I just grow up and make a choice between the two?

I've got clashes most nights (worst is a four-way Saturday headliner clash) - so I've made the decision I don't care who I see......

I'll probably see whoever is on at the nearest venue I'm at at the time, which will be 100% dependent on alcohol consumption or the weather.

If its nice and dry I might do the inter-stage sprint to try and catch two half-sets.

5 hours ago, Gregfc15 said:

So true. I'd listen to BMTH at some point on most days, but Kylie will probably be one of the most enjoyable sets of the weekend.

Same here. Saw the streets before they got back together so think I'm gonna go to the cure as never seem them and they are probably the only act all weekend I'm bothered about seeing at the pyramid

Friday night: Interpol, Frank Turner and Idles
Saturday night: Hawkwind, The Killers, The Damned and The Chemical Brothers.

Also, the jam that will be Other to Pyramid walk - Marr to Gallagher

I think I'm going to have to say "who would I pay separately to see" and go see the other band.

14 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The clashes a bit weird for me, there are so many with some of my favourite bands, Tame, the Chems, The Cure to name a few. I have however seen them all a number of times. It’s Weird because by default as they’re some of my favourite acts, I prefer and actively listen to them over some of the other acts they clash against... but some of these acts are acts I’ve never seen. Do you go with a banker and something you know you love (but have experienced before) or go with something new. It’s a fucker either way.

This is the dilemma I have been debating for weeks. I have a few acts like Janelle Monae, Lizzo, Hot Chip and Kate Tempest whom I love, go and see whenever they play and always have a great time but they clash with acts that I think could be really good some like The Cure or Janet Jackson I certainly will probably never get another chance to see but do you go with guaranteed good time or try something different? As I have a few of these types of clash I might end up doing a bit of both. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mpdow2 said:

Chems vs Hot Chip

2 of my favourite live acts. I am thinking of doing 45 mins - 1 hour of Chems with some mates, then legging it to the Park to do 45 mins - 1 hour of Hot hip with other mates (should be able to sneak through the crowd to find them if I am alone).

Is this a stupid idea or should I just grow up and make a choice between the two?

I personally think you are better off wholeheartedly committing to one. The half and half always seems like a bad compromise like a Theresa May Brexit deal. 

4 hours ago, Phoenix Girl said:

I'm with you on this one Phoenix, never got round to going to the Rabbit Hole as I always thought the queues were fore the whole thing.  But if that's just for the underground bits then definitely here for LEG!

22 hours ago, alexmckenzie said:

Tame Impala vs Gojira is a big one for me 

Yep same...i'm surprised the Gojira set doesn't get mentioned more in this forum. Think it's nailed on to be one of the best sets of the weekend. 

Already seeing them the Monday after in Glastonbury but i think Glasto will be special. 

2 minutes ago, Rogbrebnyak said:

Yep same...i'm surprised the Gojira set doesn't get mentioned more in this forum. Think it's nailed on to be one of the best sets of the weekend. 

Already seeing them the Monday after in Glastonbury but i think Glasto will be special. 

Select few of us on here who are pretty hyped for that set. Gonna be mental, and hopefully not too packed with them being on at headliner time. 

It’ll be a bummer to miss Tame Impala who I’m sure will be excellent, but it looks like they’re touring near enough the same set as when they played the Pyramid in 2016 so I’m not overly arsed about missing it really. My interest in them has waned the further they’ve strayed from their early psychedelic/rock sound.