Missing acts you would've liked in 2019

alexmckenzie

Given nearby dates or other festival bookings over the summer I thought these acts could be the 25 or so open spots or so on Pyramid/Other/John Peel or even Williams Green that weren't on the initial poster and were still to come... 

Van Morrison

The Raconteurs

Manic Street Preachers

Oribal

Thom Yorke

Richard Ashcroft

Jarvis

The Strokes

BJM / The Dandy Warhols

Echo & The Bunnymen

Deerhunter

Parquet Courts 

Nick Mason (long shot) 

Confidence Man, was absolutely sure they'll be announced as they're in the uk the week before. my favorite act of 2017. Also Khruangbin, Zeal & Ardor, Foals of course, Sparks, Beirut, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Pup. All but spraks, yys and pup are touring europe

Edited by gal1804

19 hours ago, rubick said:

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - played 2015 and 2017, was hoping there was a two-year *cough* pattern developing. They'll probably be back next year (I didn't factor in the Fallow.)

Touring Australia now after a while they didn't. Took a few month off heavy touring. A friend spoke with them few months ago and they love glasto. They'll be back for 2020. Caught all 3 shows in 2017

I would have liked to have seen a few of the smaller bands like Honeyblood, Indoor Pets, Another Sky, Anteros, Valeras, Zuzu, Our Girl, Marika Hackman, The Big Moon, Thyla, MarthaGunn or Yonaka lower down the order. We have Pip Blom and Swimming Girls, but that's about it. There's a lot of solo artists, which seems to be the way the industry is going, fewer people to pay that way. I feel the guitar bands that have booked appeal to a very specific demographic that unfortunately I'm not part of.

Some already said here but:

Van Morrison

The National (felt with the new (great) album they would have rocked it, okay they are playing a festival stateside but Glastonbury is surely the main event globally on that weekend - thus without wishing to cast aspersions surely if bookers had been quicker to the draw then surely would have secured it)

Pigs x7; Marika Hackman; Julia Jacklin; Richard Thompson; Big Thief all play Green Man and would have been great bookings

Then i think there could be a more interesting selection of ’world music’. Some acts touring this summer

Huun Huur Tu

Mdou Moctar

mulatu astatke 

Of course its glasto so there will still be a full schedule but still, think there are some big missed opportunities here

**Waterboys also touring and always great value 

Edited by mattiloy
Addendum

I could list lots of bands that are currently touring, who I would have liked to have seen on the lineup.

But the biggie for me is Beach House. My album of 2018, and itching to see them again after the tour last year. Surprised they haven't been booked in so long.

16 hours ago, faymondo said:

Only just digesting the full line up after being away all weekend. I was hoping for Confidence Man, The Specials, Stealing Sheep and Fun Loving criminals to turn up.

Expected an appearance for Stealing Sheep and Confidence Man on the lineup, not least somewhere in the Park, given that they are both on the Heavenly label. (I'd throw Orielles in there too - weird they are down to do a DJ set and nothing else confirmed.) Chance that some of these might pop up at the Crow's Nest? 

46 minutes ago, kh24 said:

Expected an appearance for Stealing Sheep and Confidence Man on the lineup, not least somewhere in the Park, given that they are both on the Heavenly label. (I'd throw Orielles in there too - weird they are down to do a DJ set and nothing else confirmed.) Chance that some of these might pop up at the Crow's Nest? 

Dont know why but always though Heavenly had an influence on Williams Green? Could well have just made that up myself !

Edited by faymondo

On 5/29/2019 at 12:57 PM, alexmckenzie said:

While my initial impressions are that I'm quite pleased with the lineup, there are just a few acts that I would've expected this year that aren't on the bill:

Khruangbin

The Amazons

The Twilight Sad

Weezer

Tool ?

Is there anyone you were hoping for that won't be at the Farm this year?

Khruangbin ? ? I would have loved to have seen them