Missing acts you would've liked in 2019

alexmckenzie

I put Professor Elemental on my playlist based on someone on here saying he was playing. I'd never heard of him. I really liked him. Became an act I was definitely going to see and now the line up is out I can't find him on it??  Sad times! 

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I made my peace with YYY's not playing a while ago. Figured that if the Eavii were making a conscious push on diversity then why book Karen O and keep it quiet?

Still hurts man. Its the hope that kills ya. 

Dreadzone and alabama 3, they're usually there so not devastating but a shame nevertheless. 

Michael franti & spearhead (although his albums have been getting worse and worse for years) hasn't been since 2004, I keep hoping they'll return one day. 

To be fair, I've been lucky to have seen/heard nearly everyone I like since I started going in 2003 so I can't really complain! Even bands like the family Stone, funkadelic, EWF and Kool and the gang who I never thought would get round to playing. 

Beirut

illumanti hotties

Chromeo (I swear they self-confirmed???)

Kacey Musgraves

St Vincent

La Bouquet

No Rome

Busted

Mark Ronson

ALASKALASKA

Bradley Cooper

and all sorts of 'discussed' potential headliners like Elton John and Lady Gaga

but James Blake and Lily Allen are probably the most glaring absentees who you'd have put the mortgage on appearing in big slots

23 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Michael franti & spearhead

Would make my decade, tbh.  I'd loved disposable heroes and the spoken word stuff I'd heard from him years earlier and randomly arriving just as they came on stage not realising what I was about to see was one of the happiest festival luck-outs I have ever had.

2 hours ago, alexmckenzie said:

While my initial impressions are that I'm quite pleased with the lineup, there are just a few acts that I would've expected this year that aren't on the bill:

Khruangbin

The Amazons

The Twilight Sad

Weezer

Tool ?

Is there anyone you were hoping for that won't be at the Farm this year?

Defo the amazons and also rat boy

The Specials, the latest album has some excellent tracks.

The Doves, after headlining Bearded Theory last week, still thinking that may headline JP on Saturday

Thought when I heard Sophie Ellis Bextor was touring with an orchestra, thought it had early afternoon Pyramid slot written all over it.

Edited by glastonburynoodles
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Beirut

illumanti hotties

Chromeo (I swear they self-confirmed???)

Kacey Musgraves

St Vincent

La Bouquet

No Rome

Busted

Mark Ronson

ALASKALASKA

Bradley Cooper

and all sorts of 'discussed' potential headliners like Elton John and Lady Gaga

but James Blake and Lily Allen are probably the most glaring absentees who you'd have put the mortgage on appearing in big slots

Mark Ronson is playing Stonebridge isn’t he? And I thought Chromeo were TBC as well. Strange.

Orbital for me too - on the back of a new album and generally actively touring it just seemed obvious they’d rock up.  I can only guess they’re pencilled in for the 50th anniversary as they’re huge part of what made the dance/electronica scene at the festival