Missing acts you would've liked in 2019

alexmckenzie

While my initial impressions are that I'm quite pleased with the lineup, there are just a few acts that I would've expected this year that aren't on the bill:

Khruangbin

The Amazons

The Twilight Sad

Weezer

Tool ?

Is there anyone you were hoping for that won't be at the Farm this year?

• Upvote 1

THE RACONTEURS!!! 

Where are they? I'm honestly shocked, gap in their tour, Emily has a soft spot for Jack White too.

Edit: I'm gonna expand on this. They're releasing a new album after 11 years since their last one and they haven't toured the UK in 11 years either. They might never be around again after this album and tour, who knows. All the guys are super busy with their own projects, hence why it has taken so long for them to get around to their 3rd album.

Black Keys aren't there either, was hoping for The Hives too. Orbital in their 30th year aren't appearing at the festival that basically cemented their legacy.

Edited by WS_Jack_III

Happens every year. Loads of active bands that I'd like to see booked are touring (some within a 50 miles radius of the festival at the time) that seem to slip the net. Dandy Warhols and BRMC are two repeat offenders. As always though, I certainly won't struggle for entertainment, that's for sure! My clashfinder has already offered up a couple of head scratchers

• Like 1

I expected/hoped that Aphex Twin was going to make an appearance so a little gutted about that.

Other than that, it's just fantasy picks like Tool and Daft Punk.

Surprised that Orbital aren't there, maybe its because I saw their name banded about so much here but I assumed that they were a shoe in

An unrealistic one would have definitely been Fleetwood Mac (despite touring UK around the time) but one that would have been a good realistic addition, is touring and playing other European festivals is Cut Copy. Would be a good energetic dance type band that would have fitted in well on the other stage or JP. They haven’t played Glasto since around 2010 either I believe.

I'd have loved the Raconteurs (those albums were, for me, better than anything the White stripes did).

Foals, obviously, although I expect secret set on the Park Saturday is going to be them.

Placebo, because Neil got my hopes up.

Chance, because the only year he played was the only recent year I missed, hell any big current name in US rap would have been nice.